Add-Ons questions

I tried looking but I remember seeing some sort of schematic for wiring auxiliary lights up to the reverse lights as well as a switch, and I can't seem to find it. Anyone able to dig it up?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I tried looking but I remember seeing some sort of schematic for wiring auxiliary lights up to the reverse lights as well as a switch, and I can't seem to find it. Anyone able to dig it up?

You might be better off getting a 3 way switch from a supplier like Rigid. I only mention them because I use some of their lights as reverse lights and they came with the wiring harness. The three way switch works like an on/off/trigger so you can tap into your wiring in your taillight as the trigger or you can use the switch to override that. Comes with the relay and everything which simplified everything and you don't have to use an auxiliary wiring solution to set it up.

What rock lights does everyone run? I am looking for something pretty bright and with its own wiring harness so I can connect it to my SwitchPros easily. Also looking to spend roughly $50, maybe more depending on what people suggest!

black pearl

Hooked
What rock lights does everyone run? I am looking for something pretty bright and with its own wiring harness so I can connect it to my SwitchPros easily. Also looking to spend roughly $50, maybe more depending on what people suggest!

I have XK glow not the best quality but they have handled being submerged a few times it's about 50 on amazon came with 10 led pods IMG_4665.JPG

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
My .02...I have rigs with both single & dual arb compressors...for 35" tires and smaller, the single is fine. When I went to 37's on the Brute, I had a single in it and it was at the very edge of running at its duty cycle limit & was smoking hot airing up; so I put an additional twin in her (and it doesn't have to be under the hood)...

As far as dual batteries are concerned, only get them if you are running a fridge, and make sure to isolate the starting battery from the aux battery. I was having a couple issues with the Genesis system where the isolator was getting hot & drawing a small bit of amperage, eventually killing the aux battery...I replaced the isolator with a different brand and it works great. In any event, get a quality AGM battery whether only one or two...these won't spill battery acid and won't be easily damaged by all the vibration associated with driving off road.

I have both an Spod & Switch Pros system in two different rigs...both work fine. I installed the Spod in the Brute before joining this forum...and when it came time to put in a switch system into the JK6, I went with Switch Pros...integrity does count, and having been a small business owner, I know how critical word of mouth advertising is to any small business...I don't have any personal experience with Painless, but I have only heard good things about their company...

I'm having this same issue with the Genesis dual battery kit. What type and brand of isolator did you replace it with?

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

black pearl

Hooked
Does this have its own wiring harness/ how does it all wire up?

It dose come with wire and a switch and connectors but I ended up using a slightly larger wire with crimp connectors any my own switch (personal preference) it was super easy though. My biggest this was were to mount the lights for best protection and light out put

I am in the market for a tailgate table. I like the teraflex one because it also incorporates molle slots. I would get this one but really do not want to spend almost $200 and I am not sure I trust the teraflex brand... Has anyone had experience with it and will stand behind it? Or has anyone made their own with molle slots?

I am in the market for a tailgate table. I like the teraflex one because it also incorporates molle slots. I would get this one but really do not want to spend almost $200 and I am not sure I trust the teraflex brand... Has anyone had experience with it and will stand behind it? Or has anyone made their own with molle slots?

Anyone? haha

Jimmypaget

EVO makes one

So I think it is time to finally order new driveshafts as I am planning on taking a trip up to Canada in the next few weeks and do not want to tear a boot that far away from home. I am either going to order an Adams or a JE Reel. My question to you guys is, what is the best option company wise? I know I want 1350's but what exact set of driveshafts should I get? I know one of the companies has a "heavy duty" version or something along that line. What are the differences, pros and cons? And finally, do I need to direct call the company and give them measurements of something or can I just order them from quadratec or likewise website? Thanks guys!

Frydaddy

Yup! I would use the rigid option but I would like to wire it into my SwitchPros and not have a random switch somewhere. Thanks WJCO!

Sorry BruggyMonster, i have been ignoring this thread cause i thought you were still on the first topic. But I do have a comment on the rear light wiring (from two months ago, wow) If you want to prevent your reverse lights from coming on with the switch, you could wire it just a bit differently. Add a diode on the line from the reverse light (1N4001 should work)

If soldering diodes isnt your thing, Leave the reverse signal for the coil (85 and 86 to ground), wire +12v to 87, the lights to 30, and your switch to 87A. This now requires the switch to take the load of the lights, but with LEDs these days, its no trouble.

mini-automotive-relay-wiring-840x.jpg

Edit: The 1N4001 can only handle 1A, here are some other options.
(1N5401 3.5A), (SR540 5A), There are also automotive type diodes that look like blade fuses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom