Adjustable Control Arms

SSRuger

Did you go from stock arms? Is this on your daily driver? Any noticeable change in noise or vibration?

Thanks
I went to the tier 4 front lowers from stock on my daily driver. I heard a slight change in noise from them when I'm backing up at weird angles on the trail but for the day to day driving I haven't noticed any vibes or noises from them. The only thing that I didn't care for was that it took a few weeks after I ordered them to actually ship out to me when they said they were stock. I also had a minor flaw in the powder coat at the same spot on both arms. Very minor issues in a very stout quality product though. I will be adding all the other arms over time from them as well

I went to the tier 4 front lowers from stock on my daily driver. I heard a slight change in noise from them when I'm backing up at weird angles on the trail but for the day to day driving I haven't noticed any vibes or noises from them. The only thing that I didn't care for was that it took a few weeks after I ordered them to actually ship out to me when they said they were stock. I also had a minor flaw in the powder coat at the same spot on both arms. Very minor issues in a very stout quality product though. I will be adding all the other arms over time from them as well

That's very helpful information.

Thanks!

jdofmemi

I just ordered some CORE Tier 3 rear lower arms to replace this

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180526_063903_mini.jpg
    MVIMG_20180526_063903_mini.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 166
  • MVIMG_20180525_184910_mini.jpg
    MVIMG_20180525_184910_mini.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 171

jdofmemi

That's quite a break. What brand was that?

I didn't buy them, so I'm not sure. The lift is Evo, but the arm looks awfully small and thin for one of theirs.

I thought stock was rectangle tube though.

The splint was a couple pieces of a concrete stake, and it held up fine. Broke Friday night before the run, fixed it and wheeled pretty hard Saturday and Sunday with no issues.

jesse3638

Hooked
I didn't buy them, so I'm not sure. The lift is Evo, but the arm looks awfully small and thin for one of theirs.

I thought stock was rectangle tube though.

The splint was a couple pieces of a concrete stake, and it held up fine. Broke Friday night before the run, fixed it and wheeled pretty hard Saturday and Sunday with no issues.

Stock fronts are rectangle, stock rears are round like yours. They look stock to me. I think EVO's lift comes with front LCA and rear UCA's using stock front uppers and rear lowers. I could be wrong though.

jdofmemi

Stock fronts are rectangle, stock rears are round like yours. They look stock to me. I think EVO's lift comes with front LCA and rear UCA's using stock front uppers and rear lowers. I could be wrong though.
It would make sense that they are stock. Thin and wimpy.

Since I tend to drag on a rock now and then, I went with the thicker Tier 3 arms, they should not have any trouble holding up their end of things.

I will post a review after I get them on and flex it.

I may carry the stock one as a trail spare for others with a problem since it is not heavy and don't take up much space.

Top Bottom