Advanced Adapters TCase linkage

I have to agree aftermarket skids do suck. And since I have them installed I hate working on anything under my jeep, cause I hate having to take them off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

But I bet you love the protection they offer, EVO Protek is #3 on my list of mods right behind bumper and Zeon 10s winch

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
What pros would that be? In 7+ years, I have yet to see a single one of my factory skid plates fail and I still run them to this very day :idontknow:

Are we talking about the Evo 3 piece skids? I think the added protection for the tranny line and oil pan are definite pros, but I think you weren't talking about the evo proteks....:thinking:

What pros would that be? In 7+ years, I have yet to see a single one of my factory skid plates fail and I still run them to this very day :idontknow:

I am not saying the factory skids are bad at all shoot they are awesome and mine have taken a couple solid hits and show nothing but a scratch. However I imagine the added protection on the oil pan and tranny sump pan would be nice to have seeing how my oil pan has a decent dimple in it from a rock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are we talking about the Evo 3 piece skids? I think the added protection for the tranny line and oil pan are definite pros, but I think you weren't talking about the evo proteks....:thinking:

Sorry, if that's what you were talking about then yes, the EVO kit is great to have especially for a 2012 or newer JK with an automatic.

I am not saying the factory skids are bad at all shoot they are awesome and mine have taken a couple solid hits and show nothing but a scratch. However I imagine the added protection on the oil pan and tranny sump pan would be nice to have seeing how my oil pan has a decent dimple in it from a rock.

Yes, the JK's do not come with any protection for the oil pan and protecting it is a good thing. Depending on the year, the factory tranny skid plate worked well but could prevent full droop.

kage kicker

I had the AA t-case linkage on my stock t-case and it was pretty simple to install. The hardest part was running the cable up through the body because there isn't alot of room to maneuver the cable under the dash. It is nice not to have to worry about the stock linkage breaking. There has been posts of individuals making their own clips that are stronger than stock.

I had the AA t-case linkage on my stock t-case and it was pretty simple to install. The hardest part was running the cable up through the body because there isn't alot of room to maneuver the cable under the dash. It is nice not to have to worry about the stock linkage breaking. There has been posts of individuals making their own clips that are stronger than stock.
Well I was crawling through some local trails this past weekend and went to change into 4hi and it snapped while in neutral. I am just sick and tired of stressing over it and wondering if it will shift for me or not, so I just decided that I may as well upgrade it.

Top Bottom