Advantages disadvantages of a 4 door

DanMojo82

It all depends on the terrain really. A 4 door can make it up steeper ledges without worry while a 2 door might have an easier time going up some step type obstacles and I can go up and down switchbacks without having to make a 7 point turn. :bleh:

rtguy1

Looked at Rubicons yesterday. I came to the decision that I can build mine to be better then a Rubicon, but I cant make a 2 door Rubicon be a JKU.:crazyeyes:

U can stretch a 2door, pull the back seat, and have a better wheelbase. That may be an option for you. This is all preference and where you wheel. One model cannot be "best" in ALL terrain. There are trade offs to short or long wheelbase which present themselves in different terrain. It comes down to the terrain you will spend the majority of your time in, and if you need the extra space. That easy. There is no correct answer to your question.

Tackerdown

Banned
Looked at Rubicons yesterday. I came to the decision that I can build mine to be better then a Rubicon, but I cant make a 2 door Rubicon be a JKU.:crazyeyes:

That is a very true statement. I have to say I drove my sons tj and did like it. Turning radius and all . but I couldn't see have in 1 everyday .I just like the room the 4 door .

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bluegrass James

I've had both. Went from a 4 door to a 2 door. Miss the 4 door. That said the vast majority of the wheeling I do is in dense forest. The 2 door is way more manageable in tight spots. Much prefer it off road (again, where I wheel). Otherwise, 4 door all the way

Top Bottom