Advice needed with rear sway bar links

JAGS

Hooked
I'm currently running mine off the stock mounting point with extended lines, should I keep it the same or change?

Not a mandatory thing. Olram posted up another option earlier in the thread that 10frank9 and at least one or two others have used for moving the hard line from outside the frame rail.

Tanner505

Not a mandatory thing. Olram posted up another option earlier in the thread that 10frank9 and at least one or two others have used for moving the hard line from outside the frame rail.

Il have to look into it more and see if I wanna bother tackling this lol

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks Jeeep for that info. I'm gonna have to find a place that will allow me to stuff that rear tire tomorrow and see what's going on down there. Hopefully I can fix this tomorrow so I can sign up for the noob run.

remember to check the droop side as well - make sure your brake lines are long enough

DMF

I've been driving around looking for a loading dock today but had no luck finding one around me. Think it would be best to just take it to a garage and let the professionals handle it. When I discovered the pinch, I spent 4 plus hrs just cutting off the pinch and flaring the pipe as this was my 1st time ever working on any brake system. That was why I was asking about bump stops etc. I don't trust my mechanical skills without supervision.

Again appreciate everyone's help in pointing me to the right direction :thumb:

DMF

Wait, I can just extend the brake hose right? Get some longer steal braided brake hoses. Not the metal pipe, I can just keep those right?

jeeeep

Hooked
Wait, I can just extend the brake hose right? Get some longer steal braided brake hoses. Not the metal pipe, I can just keep those right?

yes, I would get longer brake hoses, crown makes some good sets 3-6" lift. but you should really find out if the issue was caused by too short a brake hose or if your track bar is grabbing the brake line tubing.

If your track bar sits too low an angle (links too short), it could extend out to max and allow it to flip in the opposite direction - I've seen this happen in the front sway bar but not sure if it would also be a possibility for the rear sway bar to do the same thing.

you can cycle your rear axle by putting the jeep on a couple of tall jack stands, lift the Jeep and place the jack stands under the frame to allow the axle to hang. take the tires off to gain some extra working droop.

DMF

yes, I would get longer brake hoses, crown makes some good sets 3-6" lift. but you should really find out if the issue was caused by too short a brake hose or if your track bar is grabbing the brake line tubing.

If your track bar sits too low an angle (links too short), it could extend out to max and allow it to flip in the opposite direction - I've seen this happen in the front sway bar but not sure if it would also be a possibility for the rear sway bar to do the same thing.

you can cycle your rear axle by putting the jeep on a couple of tall jack stands, lift the Jeep and place the jack stands under the frame to allow the axle to hang. take the tires off to gain some extra working droop.

Cool thx Jeeeep! I will tackle this on Friday. Time to order some brake hoses.

Top Bottom