Advice needed with rear sway bar links

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Thanks jags, that may be a fix for things like this or like Frank's.
Also looks like plenty of slack in the op line.

DMF

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate all the help. Glad I asked because I was about to add a 3/4" spacer and wish for the best.

jeeeep

Hooked
looks like you have enough thread on the links to shave them off a bit. how much would space would you need to clear the lines?

JAGS

Hooked
Maybe it's just me, but it does look like something is rubbing the frame rail, which shouldn't be happening.

Outside of the brake lines, have you cycled your suspension for clearance in the rear. Might be a bump stop issue???

I'm certainly no expert. Anyone else see this, the mark on the frame rail?

jeeeep

Hooked
How would too much uptravel have anything to do with his brake lines?

if it's allowing the swaybar to travel up above his break lines and grabbing them on the way down, it may be a matter of adjusting the sway bar links but mostly thinking what would allow that sway bar to grab the brake lines

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
if it's allowing the swaybar to travel up above his break lines and grabbing them on the way down, it may be a matter of adjusting the sway bar links but mostly thinking what would allow that sway bar to grab the brake lines

Thats what I figured you me at but I don't see it happening. There is a lot of room it looks like.

DMF

Thanks Jags for the pics. Should I do both? Im definitely going to redo my brake line but not until another few weeks. Should I also get new bump stops as well?

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks Jags for the pics. Should I do both? Im definitely going to redo my brake line but not until another few weeks. Should I also get new bump stops as well?

cycle the rear suspension and check those bump stops. The reason I say this is we put a similar set of Daystars on my friends TJ and after a few wheeling trips they were too spongy and weren't doing much.

DMF

cycle the rear suspension and check those bump stops. The reason I say this is we put a similar set of Daystars on my friends TJ and after a few wheeling trips they were too spongy and weren't doing much.

Thanks Jeeep for that info. I'm gonna have to find a place that will allow me to stuff that rear tire tomorrow and see what's going on down there. Hopefully I can fix this tomorrow so I can sign up for the noob run.

Rccrwlr

Thanks Jeeep for that info. I'm gonna have to find a place that will allow me to stuff that rear tire tomorrow and see what's going on down there. Hopefully I can fix this tomorrow so I can sign up for the noob run.

Look around for a loading dock. Worked for me

Tanner505

Guessing to avoid problems not unlike the OP is having. Get them out of the way and a nice route for the extended lines not to get pinched, etc.

I'm currently running mine off the stock mounting point with extended lines, should I keep it the same or change?

Top Bottom