AEV Control arm Drop brackets

LAJK

What are your guys thoughts on drop brackets with teraflex lower control arms? Any advantages or disadvantages?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
No. If you want drop brackets, run the ranchos, MUCH stronger and better built/designed. If you run drop brackets, then run OEM arms. If you run aftermarket arms, then don't run brackets. Brackets allow you to get a mild lift (like a 2.5) but maintain 100% OEM geometry and ride quality. However, the expense is they do drop the impact point a little bit...this setup is EXACTLY what I run because I live on the east coast, and 95% of my Jeep's driving is done on road, and once or twice a year I go out west to play on trails. However, if you live out west, and have constant access to the awesome trails, then I would consider giving up a bit of driving dynamics for the clearance of aftermarket arms without the drop brackets...both are a trade off, and have their own pros and cons....pick your poison.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Just noticed you live in Grand Junction, I assume colorado....if that's the case, I wouldn't consider running brackets, and would run high quality arms. I'd hate to snap a low quality arm in the maze district of canyonlands.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need drop brackets if you already have TeraFlex adjustable control arms. In fact, I would highly recommend AGAINST running drop brackets especially being that you paid good money to raise your Jeep so that you wouldn't hit vulnerable points like your control arm mounts on the trail.

crowrb29

With the trails you have there I would completely forgo the brackets and get adjustable LCA's. The terrain you have there will smack those poor brackets everyone you go offroad if your out in Billings/Bangs Canyon or 21 Road area. They will work if you only are going to be running shelf roads down by telluride.

If you are dead set on drop brackets then get Ranchos. They are one piece and can take the hits and scrapes you would be dealing with in the rocks.

Top Bottom