AEV...pro's and con's

SDG

Caught the Bug

dirtlimo

You are talking about these right?

https://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=KING&cat=5

They wont improve the ride unless you are hauling ass and bottoming out your suspension.

But if you are heavy and going fast it may be something to defenitly consider.

Based on what you are running you may be better off using that $1000 on something else??

Yes sir.
And I agreee I could send that 1K to something else. I will probaly start saving for the idea Eddie posted up.
Thanks Guys! :beer:

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
My 2.5 kit didn't come wth rear sway links and the sway bar now sits at a pretty crappy angle. It also came with front sway link brackets. What I am wondering is do the 3.5 and 4.5 kits come with the size front brackets and if so thats pretty dumb.....Honestly a kit built to use off road should include quick disconects imho. The lack of new brake lines and just giving lowering brackets even on the 3.5 and 4.5 kits kinda bothers me. :thinking:

if its an indication.... I put teraflex discos in front getting rid of the horrible brackets+short links (the ones for the 0-2.5 lift) and kept the original oem stuff in the back....it plain works.

the 2.5 lift does shift the front axle over a bit(even with our diesel that is heavier than the V6) (no mod to the trackbar or chassis or axle articulation points) and if you keep the original swaybar links+ brackets the links are not aligned and the joints give in quite quickly anyways.

as an after thought: Even with a 2.5 lift it would be a good idea to change out the track bar (for a teraflex or other adjustable one) and the front swaybar links for longer (disconnectable or not) ones......(AEV should read this:yup:)

Jasem

AEV advantages

In all fairness, the guys from AEV took us for a hell of a test ride and their drop brackets did a good job of correcting suspension and steering geometry. Driving hard and fast on pavement with reckless abandon, it did handle quite well BUT, not any better than any Jeep would with the proper corrections made to suspension and steering geometry. In the end, nothing AEV offers with their kit is unique or special and for the premium you pay for it, I personally feel that you'd be better served getting something else. But of course, that's just me.

Having just bought a 2015 JKU Rubicon with the JK350 "package" on it, I can tell you what I thought the advantages to be for me:
1. I was able to finance the whole thing. (I know, probably not the best investment, but if I had to pay out in cash up front, I would be driving my Polaris quad still.)
2. Warranty. If anything goes wrong with any of the AEV mods, I take it to the dealer and they fix it under the factory warranty. That includes lights, hardware, etc.

While it may not be the best lift around with the drop brackets, it works fine for me....for now. As my skill and experience grows, I'm certain that so will the stuff that I bolt to my jeep.

New to the forum, but looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and your experience. (Like drop brackets on a lift not being so hot. :D)

Top Bottom