Aftermarket product paint jobs...

Rusty

My friend bought his EVO sliders, skins and had them installed last year.. they went through one winter in Quebec... and they look like this...

10175033_665931653443390_5930374826765870199_n.jpg

Now... I'm not bitching against EVO at all.. JUST saying please look at where you live and consider ordering your stuff bare and getting it painted locally, the local powder coater will have knowledge of the area and what do do to avoid this.

I order my stuff bare as much as possible and even when it's not bare, they sandblast everything here.. before putting on a zinc primer than the paint, I warned my friend it would happen... but he ignored me excited to get them installed...

So once again, Please.. just do it right the first time you'll avoid head aches down the line..

pastorwug

I had my rock Rails from ORE powder coated before I'm even going to pick them up.
Granted they'll get scuffed and scratched but at least they have a great base coat to start with.

Did you cut those rails off when you saw that rust?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Those don't even look like they were ever welded on. :idontknow:

I was thinking the same thing. Almost looks like they were left outside. Even of they were welded on they were not taken care of during the hard winter months.

Sent from my iPhone

Jiffy05

Do they happen to say AOD on the other side of them?? :thinking:. That really sucks though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can see they were welded a very little bit on the bottom of the foot. It's probably better they are off now since they probably would have fallen off anyway.

You need to wash your vehicles in the winter if they salt the roads. Common sense.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
You need to wash your vehicles in the winter if they salt the roads. Common sense.

^^^This...anytime it's above 32 degrees in the winter time, I at least try and get by the car wash to hose my Jeep off. Road salt is the root of all evil!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
^^^This...anytime it's above 32 degrees in the winter time, I at least try and get by the car wash to hose my Jeep off. Road salt is the root of all evil!!!

Agreed I think that this winter I washed my jeep once a week if not twice. Just a good rinse did the trick. A full soap and water wash isn't necessary to keep them from rusting.

Sent from my iPhone

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I lived in Nebraska most of my life had my Bronco suspension parts powder coated. Never had a problem with them rusting with all the salt on the roads.

Rusty

I just noticed rusty posted this! That's ironic
Too funny, I just noticed also.

Ok... if you want to play that game, My entire truck is EVO'd I have EVO written on my truck in 4 places...I support that shop to the maximum, and these are real EVO sliders...

As for the welding, he had only welded his on the bottom two corners and bolted through the frame. he was afraid to commit seeing the potention paint problem.. which he was right.

This is my friends Jeep in question.
1462528_10152347467844992_138319133_o.jpg

You guys have insulted me to the highest level someone can insult someone over the internet... right away blasting away.. it's not because I live roughly 5 hours away from the town where he approximately lives that we are friends.

Here is mine for comparison.. for the accusation...Which BTW I was the one who gave Eddie the pictures for his continued projet, I might be friends with him on facebook, but want nothing to do with someone stealing designs. Hell I'm only home a month every 6 months or so. the rest of the time my jeep is parked at the National 4wd Garage, which is now 4 Wheel Parts Montreal. Which is why almost all the pictures i have of my jeep are in a garage.

My jeep has Evo Double D 4" long arm, Evo front bumper, Evo skins, Evo Rock Sliders, Evo rear fascia, Evo skid plates, Evo front skids for control arms, evo rock star skids, and on the way will be rear carrier when I get the new cage.. as I want to put my rear seats back in.
482469_524535300926487_1961930867_n.jpg
971648_531162496930434_504779459_n.jpg
1391551_601909913189025_441953933_n.jpg

Now for another note I was in no way shape or form blasting a product line.. was just informing people of getting stuff painted properly the first time around.

Last edited:

Rusty

And for those saying to wash the truck up here it's the worst thing you can do unless you didn't get the truck "rust proofed" our club is "sponsored" by a local "Rust Check", which shoots some sort of chemical everywhere.. almost like oil but not oil.. my truck is perfectly fine even the underneath...

Edit: Also let me tell you it's a pain in the .... to get EVO parts at a 4 wheel parts... everything is custom ordered.. and often by credit card direct.. so that it doesn't go through their distribution chain and get lost along the way...

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

Now for another note I was in no way shape or form blasting a product line.. was just informing people of getting stuff painted properly the first time around.

This, I think everyone can agree with. What I think everyone else was chiming in about was the need to wash your Jeep when exposed to such harsh elements.

You guys have insulted me to the highest level someone can insult someone over the internet... right away blasting away...

If this is the worst way you've ever been insulted then I want your life! :yup:

I read a bunch of people saying wash your jeep more regularly and this wont happen like shown. Also it doesnt look like they were welded on. I'd hate to see how well you fare in a pillow fight :eek:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Lol rusty take a deep breath and calm down dude. No one was blasting you. If anything we were saying your friend needs to give he jeep a wash from time to time. Also of you haven't been on evos website since he ordered his sliders they don't powder coat their sliders anymore unless you are local. They only ship them out bare.

Sent from my iPhone

Rusty

The problem is I'm not only reffering to EVO, I'm reffering to pretty much every company out there who doesn't do a two stage powder coat and like I mentioned earlier. The funny thing is he did wash his jeep when the temperature dropped to higher than -20C, it had a tendency to stay in the -35 range which means it freezes the minuite you get out of the car wash.. (happened to me when I forgot NOT to wash my jeep on a 1 week off, door handles froze once you pushed them open.)

Lol rusty take a deep breath and calm down dude. No one was blasting you. If anything we were saying your friend needs to give he jeep a wash from time to time. Also of you haven't been on evos website since he ordered his sliders they don't powder coat their sliders anymore unless you are local. They only ship them out bare.

Sent from my iPhone

Cozdude most of you wern't blasting me but the accusations of them being "fake Canadian sliders" kinda riled me up when I got in from work last night :eek:

If this is the worst way you've ever been insulted then I want your life! :yup:
And I did say insulted on the internet not in my life be advise I travel for my work so insults come in many different shapes and sizes lol

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The problem is I'm not only reffering to EVO, I'm reffering to pretty much every company out there who doesn't do a two stage powder coat and like I mentioned earlier. The funny thing is he did wash his jeep when the temperature dropped to higher than -20C, it had a tendency to stay in the -35 range which means it freezes the minuite you get out of the car wash.. (happened to me when I forgot NOT to wash my jeep on a 1 week off, door handles froze once you pushed them open.)

Cozdude most of you wern't blasting me but the accusations of them being fake and me supporting the "dude" who was recently kicked off the forum kinda riled me up when I got in from work last night :eek:

And I did say insulted on the internet not in my life be advise I travel for my work so insults come in many different shapes and sizes lol

im pretty sure the 2 of them that asked if they were the knockoff's, that the one former member was making, was just a joke. those are clearly evo welds by how clean they are compared to the crappy other one lol.

but like i said, EVO does offer powder coat anymore unless you are local and picking up. im sure the shipping and the complaints of the powder coat chipping or rusting like your buddies did made it an easy business decision to stop having them done and let everyone either paint them theirselfs or have them done locally like you suggested.
:yup:

Rusty

im pretty sure the 2 of them that asked if they were the knockoff's, that the one former member was making, was just a joke. those are clearly evo welds by how clean they are compared to the crappy other one lol.

but like i said, EVO does offer powder coat anymore unless you are local and picking up. im sure the shipping and the complaints of the powder coat chipping or rusting like your buddies did made it an easy business decision to stop having them done and let everyone either paint them theirselfs or have them done locally like you suggested.
:yup:

It's hard to tell sarcasme and stuff online in plain text, they'll probably chime in eventually... lol With those Sexy evo welds and nice clean cuts kinda hard to miss.. :cool:

Thats good to hear, I would love to move down south west.. but.. the wife... :doh: :cheesy:

Jiffy05

It's hard to tell sarcasme and stuff online in plain text, they'll probably chime in eventually... lol With those Sexy evo welds and nice clean cuts kinda hard to miss.. :cool:

Thats good to hear, I would love to move down south west.. but.. the wife... :doh: :cheesy:

I know I was just joking about it. :yup:

Top Bottom