Airing Up??

Rocralr

Hello everyone. I am going from 37's to 40 inch tires. With the 37's I used my dual ARB compressor to air up. It was slow but doable. Now going to 40's will I need a power tank? or stick with the compressor? What are other using to air up their 40's. Thanks..

My dual does my 37s from 12psi to 26 psi in 90 sec/tire. How fast are you wanting to go?

You don't NEED a power tank. If speed is what you're after, it will be faster though.

Hi. Mine seems a lot slower. I run 8 to 10 pounds then air up to 28/30 pounds. It takes about 2 to 3 minutes a tire? Just checking to see if there is a better way. When your old like I am every minute counts, hahaha.Thanks.

Hi. Mine seems a lot slower. I run 8 to 10 pounds then air up to 28/30 pounds. It takes about 2 to 3 minutes a tire? Just checking to see if there is a better way. When your old like I am every minute counts, hahaha.Thanks.
Then yes, a power tank is a great, faster option. Unless of course it runs out of air because you forgot to refill it. Then it's useless. So I'd keep the ARB around as a backup.

I dunno, 2-3 minutes from 8 psi is pretty fast for a 37. A Powertank is fast but not that much faster and you'll go through it fast with 40's. Totally sucks when you run out and you've still got one more to do. I run PowerPlants on both my JK's running 40's and it get the job done well for me. :idontknow:

When your old like I am every minute counts, hahaha.Thanks.

On the lighter side, pop the tire off the rim with a lower PSI and then a can of WD-40 and a match .. BooM!! you have the tire aired up in a couple of seconds :D
Just that you need to master the trick .. LOL

On the lighter side, pop the tire off the rim with a lower PSI and then a can of WD-40 and a match .. BooM!! you have the tire aired up in a couple of seconds :D

LOL!! That might work but the trick is learning how to do it right and I have personally seen plenty of people do it WRONG.

Here's is the proper way to do it.

You still need air. Once the hot air inside the tire cools it will shrivel like a dick in a snowstorm.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I air up from 8psi to 30 with a count to 130. Haven't timed it with a stopwatch but it's pretty quick to me. Compared to going to the gas station or the cheap air compressor from AutoZone which literally took at least 5 min per tire from 12 psi.

If you really want to air up fast, check out the extemeaire magnum. I have one, but I can't find a good place in the JK to mount it, so I run the ARB twin. The extremeaire is ridiculous fast, but you have to wire up everything from a 100 amp relay, pressure cut on/off switch, etc. Oh, and it's around $700 too with everything.

https://www.extremeoutback.com/product/14/ExtremeAire+Magnum+12+Volt+Compressor++Part#+007-222.html

Oh man. For that price and amount of work you should look at throwing an air compressor on the acc belt like a York OBA

That's way more involved and expensive. It's $529 just for the bracket and clutch, let alone the compressor, fittings, plumbing.

Top Bottom