Alignment after lift

wwood

Yes. There is no need to set your pinion angle with a factory rear drive shaft as it has rzeppa joints. They will not have vibrations. Having said that, depending on how much lift you have, your cv boots will be in a constant state of pinch and that will lead to them failing prematurely. This is especially true on a 2-door. Also, not all adjustable rear upper control arms will allow you to set them short enough to return things back to stock.

Thanks for that info. I am running 3" EVO Plush Ride coils and the factory rear drive shaft CV boots do not appear to be pinched much at all so I will shorten my rear uppers a little and see what happens (I do have some adjustment available).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for that info. I am running 3" EVO Plush Ride coils and the factory rear drive shaft CV boots do not appear to be pinched much at all so I will shorten my rear uppers a little and see what happens (I do have some adjustment available).

Being that you have a 4-door, you really shouldn't see too much pinch and really, you're fine running things as is.

Mikeandikes96

I know this is probably a stupid question but whoever put the lift on my jeep before I purchased it didn't change any of the control arms upper or lowers, it's a 2 door lifted to 3.5 inches. I recently purchased front and rear drive shafts with double cardan joints on the transfer case side. Now will I have to buy control arms to get the right angles for the pinion and caster or will it be fine with factory control arms?

JKbrick

I know this is probably a stupid question but whoever put the lift on my jeep before I purchased it didn't change any of the control arms upper or lowers, it's a 2 door lifted to 3.5 inches. I recently purchased front and rear drive shafts with double cardan joints on the transfer case side. Now will I have to buy control arms to get the right angles for the pinion and caster or will it be fine with factory control arms?

For a 2 door you need front lowers and rear uppers, yup yup

Rccrwlr

For a 2 door you need front lowers and rear uppers, yup yup

You really mean for a 2dr you need 2 more doors! Lol

Top Bottom