Alignment cost, did I get hosed?

bowtech50

I am in Minnesota about 50 miles north of the metro. I don`t want to give the name of the dealer the jeep is at, because at this point they have completely turned this around and are trying to keep me as a customer. They said they road force balanced the tires, and that they all were 6-8 oz`s off. They are still trying to figure out the sway bar disco issue, and kept the jeep over the weekend and I kept the loaner. I bought my jeep from a well known dealer in Burnsville, and if I ever need any more dealer service I will go back there. I was trying to save the drive. I am excited to drive it again to see if I can feel the difference since the RF balance. I also agree with the above post on and about this forum, it is great to be here. I was a little apprehensive to post here since I picked an AEV lift, as it seems that many don`t care for it? I do agree it is over priced for what you get, and I myself wonder if the EVO plush coils would give me a better ride? If I lived west and had the trail opportunities that most of you have I would have bought a EVO system. Here in Minnesota I went AEV because of the on road manners they claimed were better, and the fact is that is where mine spends 80% of it`s time.

WJCO

Meme King
I am in Minnesota about 50 miles north of the metro. I don`t want to give the name of the dealer the jeep is at, because at this point they have completely turned this around and are trying to keep me as a customer. They said they road force balanced the tires, and that they all were 6-8 oz`s off. They are still trying to figure out the sway bar disco issue, and kept the jeep over the weekend and I kept the loaner. I bought my jeep from a well known dealer in Burnsville, and if I ever need any more dealer service I will go back there. I was trying to save the drive. I am excited to drive it again to see if I can feel the difference since the RF balance. I also agree with the above post on and about this forum, it is great to be here. I was a little apprehensive to post here since I picked an AEV lift, as it seems that many don`t care for it? I do agree it is over priced for what you get, and I myself wonder if the EVO plush coils would give me a better ride? If I lived west and had the trail opportunities that most of you have I would have bought a EVO system. Here in Minnesota I went AEV because of the on road manners they claimed were better, and the fact is that is where mine spends 80% of it`s time.

Fair enough. If I do hear of any good names north of the Metro area, I'll pass them along to you.

StrizzyChris

I didnt read one word of anything anyone has typed in this thread other than the title, I clicked on the thread and immediately clicked respond.....my answer is yes, you got hosed! Paying a pro for alignments on a sold axle vehicle is a complete anus dilation!

WJCO

Meme King

I just PM'd you a couple of contacts up there. Good luck in the future. Hope it all works out.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
WTF, $66.86 for 2 bolts???? $46.20 for 2 washers???? Did you verify that they actually installed these outrageously overpriced bolts and washers? Did they actually show you what your caster was before and after they installed these totally useless parts that have actually made things worse?

Damn the inflated price of unobtanium :mad:

But seriously, those prices are outrageous, I think making another visit to the shop is warranted.

albertmald9

Wow, what a mess. This is exactly why I'm usually apprehensive about going to the dealership for anything, even for things covered under warranty. Glad you got it all worked out, though.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
This thread is a perfect example of the awesome family thats here. Not much makes me fume more than people getting taken advantage of, especially from a dealership/shop. So happy you were able to stick up for yourself and not let someone else fall victim to these places. Thumbs up to all!

Top Bottom