All 6 Speed Manuals with 3.6l Check IN

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I've got a '12 JKUS, 6 speed, 3.73s on 35s. On my second transmission. 1st one lasted 9,000 miles. It made a growling noise at idle with the clutch pedal released. Dealer replaced it under warranty. I don't think it's a common problem and wouldn't keep me from buying another manual jeep. Pretty sure I just got a defective transmission. Oh yeah, I get about 18 mpg too, checking it at fill ups with a calculator. I'm in the rolling hills of central MO.

Tim

12 JK Sport 6 spd, 35's, 4.10's, love it. I get about 18 combined hwy/city. As far as Stick Shake, it is pretty bad off road, but it doesn't hurt anything.

turbineguy

2012, 3.6, 4.88, 37s, 4:1 t-case, 6-speed

1403839946941.jpg

Sometimes I get a bit jealous of my friends with autos, but I manage.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chevy Dave

I'm 22 and never had a daily driver with an auto. 2014 bare bones sport with a 6 speed here. Honestly this is the crappiest pos standard trans I've ever driven. The throwout bearing rattles, going into reverse is hit or miss, and the shifter bounces like no other on any kind of trail. That being said, I have never daily driven an auto and don't ever intend to. I like my standard shift and even though this trans sucks I don't regret buying it

OllllllllO Instagram @LucyTheJeep

p_a_b_l_o

2012, Rubicon manual, 4.88 with 35" tires....lots of power, still horrible gas miles, but who cares, love my rig :thumb:

Jiffy05

I drive my friends 2012 base sport with 4.88 gears and 37's but I really hate the clutch in the newer jeeps. I go from my TJ to the JK and slam the clutch to the floor then get back into my jeep and can't even move the clutch.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
18? So you live where it's flat? I live in Bear Valley (drive the grade from Tehachapi to Bakersfield every day). I get about 11 or 12 if I'm lucky.

Where I live, 37's and 4:10's is not liveable. I need to regear ASAP

Id say kinda flat, I don't always check the mpg tho thats just taking it easy on the highway I can get that. I do tend to stall on the rocks however so I really should re-gear but its not in the budget for a while. Other things I should be doing first that I keep pushing off. Working 7-8 miles from home sure makes it easier as well.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
My last JK was a manual and I'm so glad I switched to an auto with my new one. And I'm a fan of 3 pedals believe me. I just hated the rattle box, jumping out of gear and violent shifter shake my '12 Jk had.

What causes that? I have the same issue but didn't happen until I changed throwout bearing

BBG

3.6 .......Love my manual, BUT automatic is way easier wheeling. ......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dave_g

I have a 13' JKR 6 speed and 4.56 gears on 35's. The 4.10s were great and I would have kept them but the guy that installed my 1310 shafts messed up the bearing pre load. Since the swap I have done the Rubicon and a 1400 mile trip from San Diego to Portland and was averaging 15 mpg. I would never drive any thing other then a manual and knew that when I ordered my Jeep from the factory.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pedroj14

2013 JK sport. 6-speed manual. 35s and stock 3:21 gears. 18mpg avg around the city. A bit slow but it is ok

Sessoms14X

'14 Rubicon X manual. Have 35" tires with the 4.1 gears. I've been considering going up to 4.56 but not sure if I want to or not since I might put 37s on down the road in which I'll need to go higher. I've always had manual jeeps, not a fan of automatics, I'm sure I will someday tho when I'm old n become too lazy to shift gears lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dave_g

'14 Rubicon X manual. Have 35" tires with the 4.1 gears. I've been considering going up to 4.56 but not sure if I want to or not since I might put 37s on down the road in which I'll need to go higher. I've always had manual jeeps, not a fan of automatics, I'm sure I will someday tho when I'm old n become too lazy to shift gears lol

4.56 with 37" would perform very similar to 4.10 with 35". I feel I could easily go up in size now and not have crazy low gears to maintain my street.

Sessoms14X

4.56 with 37" would perform very similar to 4.10 with 35". I feel I could easily go up in size now and not have crazy low gears to maintain my street.

Really? I would do that if it performs the same. I use my jeep as my dd as well. I gotta fill up twice a week with as much as I drive.

Hangemhigh1

I really enjoy driving my 2013 JKUR I now have 30K miles on it. I'm still running the stock mud terrains and the stock 4:10 gears. It's my DD. I only drive 5 miles each way to work and back. All works great except for a small concern that started just recently. When I drive the jeep cold, all works normally. When I've been driving in traffic for a while, I start hearing a clunking noise when I push in the clutch. The way it feels when I push the clutch in is like something metal is rubbing. I looked and could not see any sign of rubbing. After investigating on the internet I came to the conclusion that this might be the throw out bearing. I hadn't driven a manual in a long time until my Jk so I'm green when it comes to the newer manuals. The one thing that I was doing is down shifting when nearing a red light as the Jk slowed. That is the only thing I've done. This being my first 4x I go off road but nowhere near rock crawling. I stick to trails that are a 1-3 until I get more experience. with my busy schedule I try to go offroad as much as possible but it varies alot. I recently stopped downshifting to see if that makes a difference. I guess the reduced usage has helped. I have not had that issue arise any more YET. My .02

Last edited:
Top Bottom