ALL ELECTRIC Jeep Recon... Thoughts??

Jeep Recon - Love It or Hate It?

• LOVE IT - Take my money Jeep!!

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • HATE IT - Guess I won't be buying a new Jeep in the future

Votes: 62 61.4%
  • Looks like a Bronco and Cherokee had sex but I could see me driving one

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Saving the planet is a priority of mine and I will for sure buy one just for that

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

NV375

And, for those of you on the other side of the pond, here are pic of what you will be getting...

View attachment 379192
View attachment 379193
View attachment 379194
View attachment 379195
View attachment 379196
All-new Jeep Avenger, the First-ever Fully Electric Jeep SUV, Arrives in Europe in 2023
In Europe, the Jeep brand has already made a big shift by offering only electrified SUVs in countries such as Germany and France. By the end of this year, 100% of the Jeep SUV portfolio will be electrified in almost all of the European markets.

The plan revealed today builds upon this 4xe momentum, developing a portfolio of capable, fully electric vehicles designed and rightsized for Europe. The brand will introduce four zero-emission vehicles in Europe by 2025, with offerings in the main volume segments. As a result of this product onslaught, all the Jeep vehicles on sale in the region will be 100% electric by 2030.  

The first model of this product offensive is the all-new, all-electric Jeep Avenger, a compact SUV that was presented during the Stellantis Dare Forward long-term strategic plan earlier this year.

The all-new Jeep Avenger, to be introduced in Europe and other markets, such as Japan and South Korea, will be positioned under the Jeep Renegade and will be produced in the high-efficiency plant in Tychy, Poland.

With a targeted electric range of 400 kilometres, this new SUV will offer impressive ground clearance, breakover and approach angles for its segment, while delivering a modern and technologically advanced interior, with plenty of space for people and cargo.

“The all-new Avenger will offer Jeep brand capability that is rightsized for the European market,” said Antonella Bruno, head of Jeep Europe at Stellantis, “This modern, fun and emotional SUV will appeal to a growing set of customers who are looking for a capable, compact, modern and all-electric Jeep brand alternative to the current players.”

The Jeep Avenger will debut during the Paris Motor Show press day, on October 17, with reservations opening for customers that same day. The all-new Jeep Avenger will arrive in showrooms in early 2023.
Would not be my first choice. It should blend in nice over here. Here is a shot of our street in Southampton, UK. IMG20220905165216~2.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to know they’re sticking with the wrangler. Guessing it doesn’t mention ICE because the wrangler will fall in their 50% non-electric sales.
Wrangler already has the 4Xe model and they consider that to be "electrified". As in, good enough to satisfy their needs or at least, for now. It won't surprise me in the least if 4Xe is the ONLY engine option you can get by 2025. I guarantee you, they will follow CA's lead and by 2035, there will either be an ALL electric engine only or no more Wrangler.

RJV

Ford is at least acknowledging that some models don't lend themselves to easily being electrified (the Mustang, Bronco, Super Duty), the CEO even said "There's plenty of places to drive a Mustang that aren't California". So hopefully Ford keeps the gas Bronco going to force Jeep to keep the Wranglers with a gas option.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ford is at least acknowledging that some models don't lend themselves to easily being electrified (the Mustang, Bronco, Super Duty), the CEO even said "There's plenty of places to drive a Mustang that aren't California". So hopefully Ford keeps the gas Bronco going to force Jeep to keep the Wranglers with a gas option.
Isn’t the new “mustang” electric?

RJV

Isn’t the new “mustang” electric?
That's the mach-e. The normal mustang is refreshed for 2024 and will still have a V8, Jim Farley said the mach-e allows them to keep making the V8. I'd imagine that will kill whatever Dodge does after they get rid of the Hemi, if they go full ev or even just with the straight 6's.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's the mach-e. The normal mustang is refreshed for 2024 and will still have a V8, Jim Farley said the mach-e allows them to keep making the V8. I'd imagine that will kill whatever Dodge does after they get rid of the Hemi, if they go full ev or even just with the straight 6's.
The fact that they gave that Ghey electric thing the mustang name ruins it for me.

There is a reason that the largest car maker in the world is not developing an all electric vehicle. Just because you do not have a tailpipe does not mean you are green and saving the planet. Research shows that an electric vehicle is not carbon free until close to 80 to 100 thousand miles depending on the vehicle. Strip mining for the rare earth materials is a huge impact to the environment that will never recover. I don’t want to have to drag a generator around to get where I am going. The battery technology just isn’t there yet. Not to mention the electrical grid is not there. Look at California shutting down there nuclear power plant with rolling black outs and asking people not to charge their electric vehicles all while eliminating internal combustion engines. You think cost for things are not going to go up. Freight will take longer since trucks will have to recharge which means more down time and supply chain issues. Plus it is an ugly vehicle I believe hydrogen maybe a better alternative if they don’t need a bunch of water to produce it. My thoughts
Just for my 2 cents on the Hydrogen front... If you look you will find the most common way to get pure hydrogen for Hydrogen Fuel celled vehicles is by yanking it from Natural Gas.... Another item the Eco-Activists fail to realize. Trying to get Hydrogen by splitting water into its components is very expensive ENERGY (yeah more strain on the grid) wise. So, while I too like the idea of Hydrogen I do not believe it is very feasible on the larger scale unless someone figures out a way to produce the ShitTONS of energy it would take to get all the hydrogen from water.

PAIN

For those of you who are interested, here are some shots of the Wagoneer S.

View attachment 379188
View attachment 379189
View attachment 379190
View attachment 379191

An All-new, All-electric Wagoneer – The Art of American Premium
The Wagoneer family is also set to grow with an all-new SUV. Code-named Wagoneer S, this fully electric vehicle will continue to expand the brand’s presence in the premium SUV segment by offering a unique, sleek, aerodynamic design and 4x4 capability as standard, with all-terrain management, advanced Jeep brand-focused technology and impressive performance credentials.

This new, all-electric, global SUV will be offered exclusively as a BEV, targeting a range of 400 miles on a single charge, 600 hp and a 0-60 mph time of around 3.5 seconds.

With an exterior design marked by a signature LED-lit grille, this SUV is driven by aerodynamic efficiency, combined with the upright iconic Wagoneer side view.

“We’ll delight our customers with a premium, highly efficient SUV that is loaded with technology and high quality craftmanship, offering 4x4 capability, high performance, rapid acceleration and a target range of 400 miles on a single charge,” added Meunier.

The all-new Wagoneer BEV will also be displayed to the public next year and production will start in 2024 in North America. Customers in the U.S. will be able to make a reservation for this all-electric Wagoneer model in early 2023. It will be sold in major markets around the world, including Eu

So, if you haven't heard, Jeep just announced the plan for the future and... you guessed it, it involves their entire line up being electrified by 2025. And, I won't lie, I kinda like the Wagoneer S as it's been designed from the ground up to be something a Tesla owner might want. It's sleek, sexy and is supposed to clear 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. But, for the purposes of this post, I'd like to focus on the all new Recon. Clearly, this new model is designed with enough similarities of a Wrangler that it just might be a replacement for it or at the very least, something that will become the new flagship for Jeep. And, that's what I was hoping to get your 2¢ on. I would love to hear what you think about what you're seeing and hearing.

The All-new Jeep Recon: 100% Jeep; 100% Zero Emission
One of the first all-new electric SUVs that will launch in North America is the Jeep Recon.

This all-new vehicle is aimed at those who love to explore extreme adventures in near silence with a rugged, fully electric vehicle package.

The Jeep Recon is designed from the ground up to be 100% Jeep 4x4 and 100% zero emission. This SUV will be offered exclusively as a BEV, and it will enhance off-roading adventures with:

• True trail-rated capability with Jeep Selec-Terrain traction management system, e-locker axle technology, under-body protection, tow hooks and aggressive off-road tires
  • Authentic Jeep open-air freedom with a one-touch powertop, removable doors and glass 
  • The latest generation Uconnect system, including detailed travel guides of the most notable off-road trails
“The all-new, all-electric Jeep Recon has the capability to cross the mighty Rubicon Trail, one of the most challenging off-road trails in the U.S., and reach the end of the trail with enough range to drive back to town and recharge,” said Meunier.

This global SUV will be displayed to the public next year and production will start in 2024 in North America. Customers in the U.S. will be able to make a reservation for the new Jeep Recon BEV SUV in early 2023. The Jeep Recon will be sold in major markets around the world, including Europe.

View attachment 379181
View attachment 379183
View attachment 379184
View attachment 379185
View attachment 379186

Obviously, there were other models like the Wagoneer S that Jeep highlighted but the Avenger will be a European only model and really, I think the Recon is what most of us would be interested in. So again, I'd love to know what you think about it :)
I would love to give an opinion on this but I honestly don't know enough about electric vehicles to decide if they are something that would suit me. One thing that I do know is that I love the sound of an engine pumping out horsepower. Also, how the hell does it manage not shorting out when you constantly slam the undercarriage as well as other things on the rocks. Like I said, I don't know enough about them.

Top Bottom