All My Texas Neighbors

Angry Aussie

Thanks bro, I will. I'll take a bunch of pictures today. That sucks about your locker but hopefully y'all have it figured out and when your parts show up you will be good to go. We will get out there together soon. We should get an April run going or something.

Exodus 4x4

Thanks bro, I will. I'll take a bunch of pictures today. That sucks about your locker but hopefully y'all have it figured out and when your parts show up you will be good to go. We will get out there together soon. We should get an April run going or something.

Sounds good. I could do a late April run out there.

Angry Aussie

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455421391.472917.jpg
Almost rolled the rig today.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455421424.327141.jpg
Picture doesn't show how big this ledge really was.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455421478.331144.jpg

I was awful about taking pictures today, got there kind of late and it crowded out there so I wanted to do as many trails as we could before dark.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455421577.211468.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455421597.080911.jpg

Incase anyone was wondering if a PSC system or pro grips are worth the money, they absolutely are!!! This was my first time wheeling with both and oh my goodness!!!! I can now actually stop the rig and get it to hold its ground on steep hills or ledges and the steering now is so easy it is amazing. Even in 4lo and locked.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Glad you didnt roll Ian lol
And man does that PSC system look good! How is the new currie tie rod/drag link going? They look beefy ass hell! Cant wait to head back out to hidden falls [emoji41]

Angry Aussie

It's actually just a bull dog tuner, I was using the inclinometer on my phone earlier in the day. I've been looking at getting the trail dash 2 it looks pretty awesome and has more features then the bull dog.

Angry Aussie

The brakes and PSC are a must if you ask me. Now that I have had the chance to wheel with both the brakes and the steering I couldn't be happier with both. Before the brakes there are some spots at hidden falls when I couldn't stop my rig as quick as I wanted or sometimes it wouldn't hold its ground on steep incomes and that's now not even an issue.

The steering was just as impressive, I could have wheeled with one finger all day long. The last two times out my buddy Allan has come with me and I made him drive most of the time both days and even he was really really impressed with the new brakes and steering. He got to see how the steering was on the pavement and off road and he noticed a huge difference.

Both the brakes and the steering are kind of like stock headlights!! I waited to long to change them,and worried about spending the money on them but I I did I was so glad I did. Can't believe I waited so long. Well worth every penny for both. But that's just me. I would highly recommend both, especially since we are running the same lift and tire size. You won't be disappointed in either.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
The brakes and PSC are a must if you ask me. Now that I have had the chance to wheel with both the brakes and the steering I couldn't be happier with both. Before the brakes there are some spots at hidden falls when I couldn't stop my rig as quick as I wanted or sometimes it wouldn't hold its ground on steep incomes and that's now not even an issue.

The steering was just as impressive, I could have wheeled with one finger all day long. The last two times out my buddy Allan has come with me and I made him drive most of the time both days and even he was really really impressed with the new brakes and steering. He got to see how the steering was on the pavement and off road and he noticed a huge difference.

Both the brakes and the steering are kind of like stock headlights!! I waited to long to change them,and worried about spending the money on them but I I did I was so glad I did. Can't believe I waited so long. Well worth every penny for both. But that's just me. I would highly recommend both, especially since we are running the same lift and tire size. You won't be disappointed in either.

Oh, I plan on it! But I need a rear carrier and sliders first. So I can get my damn jeep off the street. I am already going crazy with city fever and its only been a few weeks... :icon_crazy:

Angry Aussie

Oh, I plan on it! But I need a rear carrier and sliders first. So I can get my damn jeep off the street. I am already going crazy with city fever and its only been a few weeks... :icon_crazy:

Evo sliders are a must, you could hold off on the carrier though, I've just used my stock one for about three years now no issues, but I am having my PS tire carrier installed tomorrow. So you could do the brakes or PSC before the tire carrier if you are gonna get the evo carrier. But that's just me. Glad i did the brakes and PSC first.

Exodus 4x4

You bastard. You're going to make me spend the money on both of these before I planned on it!

Angry Aussie

I felt a little bad about spending the money, but now that I've gotten to really use both I don't regret it at all! To me worth every penny.

Stock steering,brakes and headlights used to bother me even when my rig was still stock. Brakes never felt strong enough to me. I hated not being able to steer at times when I was in 4lo and locked and now I can turn the wheel with one finger in 4lo and locked front and rear. we all know how awful the headlights are.

Sorry to make you wanna spend money before you wanted to but I just had to share my experience since I was so impressed with both and I'm not easily impressed.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Evo sliders are a must, you could hold off on the carrier though, I've just used my stock one for about three years now no issues, but I am having my PS tire carrier installed tomorrow. So you could do the brakes or PSC before the tire carrier if you are gonna get the evo carrier. But that's just me. Glad i did the brakes and PSC first.
I'm going with the LOD. evo is nice, but I need the steps. (Wifie is only 5'2")
You bastard. You're going to make me spend the money on both of these before I planned on it!
Exactly... with bonus time coming... :doh: invest in future or...

buyajeep.jpg

The worst part is that the decision has already been made... now its about coming to terms with NOT investing as much in the future... :doh:

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

I'm going with the LOD. evo is nice, but I need the steps. (Wifie is only 5'2")

Exactly... with bonus time coming... :doh: invest in future or...

View attachment 188321

The worst part is that the decision has already been made... now its about coming to terms with NOT investing as much in the future... :doh:

Pretty sure it'll be a few months before I can even think about buying anything else. I'm staring at a stack 37's and my EVO side rock skins that I can't install. Planned on installing them tonight, but instead I'm taking my rig back to the shop that did the gear swap because now BOTH lockers are not working. They agreed to fix it under their warranty but it still sucks.

Stick

Is anyone running bead locks have a problem passing state inspection with them since they are meant for off road only? I'm looking at getting some here soon when I put a lift on my jeep and was wondering if the people who do the inspections were smart enough to realize they are off road only.

Napalm

Is anyone running bead locks have a problem passing state inspection with them since they are meant for off road only? I'm looking at getting some here soon when I put a lift on my jeep and was wondering if the people who do the inspections were smart enough to realize they are off road only.

RHarvey160 is running Slabs on his JKR here in ETX. Maybe he can chime in and answer.

I'm sure it'll depend on where you have it inspected. Some smaller places are more lax and surely won't care what kind of wheels you run.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

RHarvey160 is running Slabs on his JKR here in ETX. Maybe he can chime in and answer.

I'm sure it'll depend on where you have it inspected. Some smaller places are more lax and surely won't care what kind of wheels you run.

I'm running slabs. No issues so far. But my jeep is a 2015, and I do not need an inspection until october. If you wait, and I remember, I'll let you know how it goes. I do not forsee any issues though

Top Bottom