All My Texas Neighbors

Jegar

Yeah, $150 per adult is pretty steep. I may plan on something else.

This looks like a blast. $150 per adult is pretty steep. Gonna be hard to convince buddy's to go for that price. Thinking about registering anyway. Even if I'm by myself.

TreesRanch, between Kerrville and Junction have their annual "Texas Twister" that looks like fun. (http://www.treesranch4x4.com/TROtexastwister.htm). I've been to Trees once, and it is pretty badass and a really pretty drive out (surrounded by exotic game ranches.). The price is $60driver and $20 passenger, and I believes includes camping.

Wolf Caves (http://www.wolfcaves.com), the new off-road park in Mason, with granite boulders like Katemcy/K2, is open run that weekend, price $55driver/$20 passenger & add $10/$5 if staying through Monday.

Katemcy/K2 has their "Memorial Day Weekend Blow Out" with live music (http://katemcyrocks.com/index.php/2016-events/). They haven't posted prices, but do note "special rates apply." Their regular prices are $60driver with camping or $35/day and passenger $5/day spectator and $10/camping.

redtx

Is anyone running bead locks have a problem passing state inspection with them since they are meant for off road only? I'm looking at getting some here soon when I put a lift on my jeep and was wondering if the people who do the inspections were smart enough to realize they are off road only.

I'm in DFW I'm running Walker Evans bead locks on my DD 2012 and have no problems ever. I think with so many wheels with "look like" bead locks or just the uneducated inspector I have never had any problems. The only problem is mounting your own tires and finding someone to balance them the local discount refuses to touch them.

el_chupo_

Looks like I will be going down for this. I know some of the guys in the Houston thread dont think it will be worth it, but it works for my schedule, and hopefully will be worth the time and effort.

Im not experienced wheeling with others (mostly by myself/with wife due to when I can make it), so only one chance to wheel with another vehicle. I look forward to the experience, as I doubt this will be much different than any Jeep Jamboree or something similar, but hey, I might be wrong.

Either way, I get a bit of wheeling in.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Looks like I will be going down for this. I know some of the guys in the Houston thread dont think it will be worth it, but it works for my schedule, and hopefully will be worth the time and effort.

Im not experienced wheeling with others (mostly by myself/with wife due to when I can make it), so only one chance to wheel with another vehicle. I look forward to the experience, as I doubt this will be much different than any Jeep Jamboree or something similar, but hey, I might be wrong.

Take pics where you can, and let us know how it is! Who knows, we could all be wrong! Enjoy it! :thumb:

Kumar

I plan on being there as well.

Top Bottom