Almost one year owning a Jeep/Jeep Dysmorphic Disorder?

bl17z90

It is like a bug that seems to be going around then. I can't stand to have my jeep the way it is, I do one mod and then I want another. It drives my girlfriend crazy.

like right now I am trying to figure out how I can get my trail grapplers sooner, but then once I get them I am going to want a rear bumper/tire carrier. The cycle never ends :thinking:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
In the short time of owning my jk...about 4 months now....i have become completly obesessed and have the disorder. I feel like it started however by just waiting to get my jk and being on the forums as much as I could reading up and learning before I finally picked up the jk. I have been a VW guy for the past 8-9 years...owned about 18 of them and finally made the jump over to jeeps, and have never been so happy. My family just doesnt understand at all, esp when I talk about new bumpers and all the other things i want/need. Glad to know I am not alone

Holeshot

Banned
I'm affected by the JDD also. It started with my old 97 TJ a few years back. Owned it for 2 years, then had to sell it for some reasons, and since this single day, things started to go bad with the JDD. I thought about it every single day, planning my next jeep purchase, looking on every fucking parts website I could find. Every little dirt road I would come across with my car reminds me how good it is to own a jeep and how much I missed my TJ.

And now, 4 years later I finally bought my new 2012 jk, and things are not getting any better :rock:

Hopefully, my girlfriend understand that jeepin is my drug, and also the only big expenses I really have and put money in :thumb:

Sometimes I realize how much I always talk about jeep, and also realize that people around me must start getting tired to ear my talk about it and I have to make strong effort not to talk about it.

:standing wave:

Hatewagon

Oh, we have it bad. Real bad. My wife and I bought Jeeps at the same time. I had only planned some light mods. I used to build Samis back in the day and thought that it would be nice to do some wheeling..... Well, some has turned into almost every weekend. Building the Jeep never stops, there is always something on the way or something having paint drying on here. Planning our second trip to Moab, 2 trips to Rausch creek for this year. Its seriously is our way of life here.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Owning a Jeep and having JDD is like having a honey-do list. It never gets done and it's always added too!:)

JeepJK4832

Last night my fiancée was telling her friend how "obsessed" I am with my jeep and how I'm constantly on Wayalife on my iPad or phone. It made me laugh.

arashi

So after almost one year of owning a jeep I'd thought I'd share a few thoughts of my evolution of never owning a 4wd, to thinking about a BB puck system, to where I am now. Feel free to stop reading, I'm mainly killing a few spare minutes as there is nothing new to read on the forums.

Perhaps you are familiar with the term body Dysmorphic Disorder? Well, I am wondering if anyone else suffers from jeep dysmorphic disorder like I'm afraid I do. Unless I am parked next to a stock jeep I feel that mine is just another run of the mill wrangler. I see jeeps driving and I think "Wow! That is a nice jeep. Wish mine was that nice." Don't even get me started on what happens when I see Moby, Rubicat, EVO 1 or GCM 2's ride. ;)

I have become a different person in the almost 12 months I've owned a jeep. I am on the forums (yes, plural) any chance I get. Literally the first and last thing I do each day. I've done most of my mods myself (or with Sharkey) whereas I might have changed some windshield wipers before that. I never even owned a set of after market wheels and now chuckle when mine get rock rash on them. I have absolutely no problem taking a sawzall to my $36k+ jeep, let alone a drill or dremel. My friends and coworkers think I'm nuts every Monday when I come in and tell them what I did "this time."

But it's not just limited to the physical appearance. Today on my flight home from Vegas I literally stared out the window looking at dirt roads, mentally took notes so I could hopefully map them and eventually drive on them. I have a checklist of runs/events I'd like to do/attend (thanks no doubt to wayoflife's videos) that is a mile long and growing.

So let's hear it? Normal, normal for a jeeper (assuming I can call myself one) or just stone cold crazy? Should we try to get an entry in the APA DSM-V (or whatever volume they are on)?

Ohhhh that's the sickness I just Catch....

At least I can put a name on it! :cheesy:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So after almost one year of owning a jeep I'd thought I'd share a few thoughts of my evolution of never owning a 4wd, to thinking about a BB puck system, to where I am now. Feel free to stop reading, I'm mainly killing a few spare minutes as there is nothing new to read on the forums.

Perhaps you are familiar with the term body Dysmorphic Disorder? Well, I am wondering if anyone else suffers from jeep dysmorphic disorder like I'm afraid I do. Unless I am parked next to a stock jeep I feel that mine is just another run of the mill wrangler. I see jeeps driving and I think "Wow! That is a nice jeep. Wish mine was that nice." Don't even get me started on what happens when I see Moby, Rubicat, EVO 1 or GCM 2's ride. ;)

I have become a different person in the almost 12 months I've owned a jeep. I am on the forums (yes, plural) any chance I get. Literally the first and last thing I do each day. I've done most of my mods myself (or with Sharkey) whereas I might have changed some windshield wipers before that. I never even owned a set of after market wheels and now chuckle when mine get rock rash on them. I have absolutely no problem taking a sawzall to my $36k+ jeep, let alone a drill or drewriends and coworkers think I'm nuts every Monday when I come in and tell them what I did "this time."

But it's not just limited to the physical appearance. Today on my flight home from Vegas I literally stared out the window looking at dirt roads, mentally took notes so I could hopefully map them and eventually drive on them. I have a checklist of runs/events I'd like to do/attend (thanks no doubt to wayoflife's videos) that is a mile long and growing.

So let's hear it? Normal, normal for a jeeper (assuming I can call myself one) or just stone cold crazy? Should we try to get an entry in the APA DSM-V (or whatever volume they are on)?

I think MTG has hit on a new Jeep sticker!

Trail JK

Normal, exciting and I'll add that I love mine more than I love most people... Is that bad to say out loud? Lol

JeepSpurs

Back 2008, I took my car to the dealership for service and saw the brand new shiny JKs in the lot. Took one for a test drive, bought it on the spot and never looked back ! :honey:

Donttread

It's a sickness for sure. My wife has an 06 sport and I couldn't handle not having one of my own. I've been back in a jeep for going on 3 days and I haven't put my phone down researching things. With treatment, I still fear there will never be a cure...and I'm ok with that.

Molon labe

OllllO Fanatic

I too suffer from this disorder and there are no meds to cure except to purchase more mods! This is my social folder on my iPad and notice my background photo

Just want you to know I had no idea about these apps, you have just made my wife judge me:cheesy:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
My wife and i were walking some trails the other day and she said why and who are you always texting?! I had to lie to her so she would not freak out on me more and said....my girlfriend. it was really you guys on da forum.

Top Bottom