Almost one year owning a Jeep/Jeep Dysmorphic Disorder?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
My wife and i were walking some trails the other day and she said why and who are you always texting?! I had to lie to her so she would not freak out on me more and said....my girlfriend. it was really you guys on da forum.

👏 excellent! Ha ha. My wife has finally realized I have a problem. I made her read this thread so she could understand that it is a true illness! :cheesy;

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

JK1

glad to see that i'm normal for being this way..... my wife now knows after reading this that i'm not crazy for talking and thinking about my jeep 24-7...

i dont really know any of you on here but would treat you like family if you were ever in my area cuz we all have the same illness :drinks:

Holeshot

Banned
This is soo funny because I recognize myself in almost every single answer on this thread.

This weekend I went to my fathers place and, shown him Heartland part 1 and 2 on his new 51" HDTV (which he never had before) And he was amazed and told me he never thought it would end up this way (Jeep illness) when bringing me on the trail when I was kid ( he had a '73 CJ5 on 33" BF mud, 360 AMC).

In the past couple years, I shown him photos and videos of the trails I did, and joke him that his CJ wouldn't be able to go there, shocked he was and replied of course it would! and better than yours! lol But this time when watching heartland he finally told me his CJ wouldn't go there, we were at the winch hill part. He said "I can believe a jeep can get through such big rocks!" I just told him that was nothing compare to the old little sluice on the rubicon, when EVO1 made it just before they blast the boulders.

Jeep on :standing wave:

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
hi my name is steve and i have a problem...... its Jeep Dysmorphic Disorder.

MTG just brought this up in a diferent thread so i thought i would comment. yea i check this day and night and its up all day when im at work. i cant wait to do the next mod to my jeep and i get all excited just thinking about it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
hi my name is steve and i have a problem...... its Jeep Dysmorphic Disorder.

MTG just brought this up in a diferent thread so i thought i would comment. yea i check this day and night and its up all day when im at work. i cant wait to do the next mod to my jeep and i get all excited just thinking about it.

ahh screw it what am i talking about its not a disorder its completly normal. its a jeep thing right

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm bumping this up to add the following "symptom" to the disorder...

I now find that I look for an excuse to fix stuff. Sure, anything on the jeep gets prompt attention, but I'm not talking jeep stuff here, I'm talking anything! Where before things around the house that might have needed a little TLC where ignored, now I am doing crazy stuff like "preventative maintenance" or fixing stuff I really wouldn't have bothered to fix before. I look around and just want to tinker. :grayno:

I have to say I am really starting to embrace my JDD! :thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm bumping this up to add the following "symptom" to the disorder...

I now find that I look for an excuse to fix stuff. Sure, anything on the jeep gets prompt attention, but I'm not talking jeep stuff here, I'm talking anything! Where before things around the house that might have needed a little TLC where ignored, now I am doing crazy stuff like "preventative maintenance" or fixing stuff I really wouldn't have bothered to fix before. I look around and just want to tinker. :grayno:

I have to say I am really starting to embrace my JDD! :thumb:

X2. Sealing your granite? Pressure washing the porch? Oiling the garage door? Yup. Embrace my friend.

SquareLJ

I don't consider it a disorder. I think of my Jeep as a learning tool really. I've learned a great deal about steering systems, suspensions, drivelines and electrical stuff. I do spend a lot of time on all sorts of Jeep forums (a very unhealthy amount of time I'm sure), just reading different how-to's and debates.

My parents and friends thought it strange/weird that I would spend so much time thinking about Jeeps or spending god awful amounts of money on my Jeep. Nowadays, they understand why I do what I do (It also helps that I'm going for an AA in Automotive Technology).

Evilidea

Yes, I too am afflicted, a few weeks ago I completely forgot I was in the wifes Suby Outback and crawled a very large boulder near the cliff jumps into Flaming Gorge, by large I mean bigger than most garages. The Suby performed nicely and once I was up to the area I wanted to go I realized, "Holy shit I'm in Suby", this thing needs a lift and some diggers!

rodstoys

Jdd

After two 86 CJ7s I bought a 2013 jk, now my wife tries to limit my mods. Hard to handle at times. Definitely have the sickness like everybody else tho.

BLUTES

jeep 4 life

I'm on wrangler #3! Just bought a 13' JK (also have a 11' grand cherokee) so it's safe to say I'm a jeep girl - although I cheated once w/a landrover - had to go back to Jeep. I called my insurance lady the other day to add the new JK and her responce was "Oh you and your Jeeps!".....so I think you are perfectly normal. Instead of the skinny gym rat on my fridge, I have a pic of a sweet lifted ruby....cause thats the body my jeep wants;)!!

Kurtz265

GREAT thread. I can particularly relate to the ultra fast transition from a guy who never repalced their own windshield wiper to someone who recently replaced their own suspension. My wife is still wondering what the heck happened....

JK-JOHN-E

Funny thing happened tonight. Wifey said you have a problem, you're obsessed. I said your right:yup:, and proceeded to showing her what exactly this condition was called.:brows: She said this was dead on, you definitely have JDD;)

crowrb29

I think it's funny because I finally found a hobby that I can focus my energy into and my whole family can enjoy and I still get guff over it. I guess they(swmbo) can find a reason to comment on anything.

Top Bottom