Almost Tire Time

TheGrendel

As they age, tires break down. Take a look at any unused but old spare. Rubber more brittle, starts to crack, etc. I’d rather cycle in the spare, get 20% longer use between having to buy new tires, then get five brand new ones instead of four new ones and one that’s old and suspect. Plus, what if you decide to go with another brand, or your last has been discontinued? Then you have mismatching tires? Too hillbilly for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

correct all the way around. :clap2:

jdofmemi

Thats what I was thinking...BUT.... if by chance you ruin a tire... then you Have to rotate in the spare at that point... and now you have 1 New tire and 3 worn tires... Not sure my OCD could handle that. Lol

That's what I have now, since the original owner never rotated in the spare.
I'm obviously not as OCD as some, but it is still driving me nuts.
Time for new tires anyway, I just need to decide between STTs and Trail Grapplers. Either will be an upgrade from the over priced, underwhelming Goodyear MTRs I have

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
eh, call me crazy but I never rotate in my spare. Granted, my Jeeps are always garaged and I've found that makes a big difference in how long the spare lasts.

As far as rotating goes, I always move the rears up front and crisscross the fronts to the back. This would be a problem with directional tires.

tire-rotation-diagram-2.jpg

But hey, that's just me.

Top Bottom