Am I Just Getting Old?

05Jeeper

43 years old married 18 years. Have two girls 12 / 22 years old and 4 month old grandson. I have a separate saving account that gets automatic deposits for Jeep, Harley and vacation funds. Don't tell my wife. 

Not a bad idea with the account. My wife has worked at our local bank for over 25 years; somehow I doubt I could get away with the same idea.

MonkeyLeo13

Will be 40 this year :doh:, married to wife (33yrs old) for 4.5 yrs :thumb:, one yr old kid :clap2:, hopefully to have another baby real soon, and two crazy wiener dogs :naw:. Bought a new home last year (second time), still keep my old custom yamaha roadstar motorcycle but I don't ride much due to Jeep project/off road trip! Well another reason is my 1 yrs old son. I could sell my motorcycle but I couldn't since it has too much semi value for me. I can't wait my son to grow up like 6 yrs old then he able to join me for off road trip and get involved to work in garage.

Sometimes I thought I get married or have family when I was 25-30 but it didn't happen and when I was 30 yrs old, my life just flushed down the toilet big time. (broke up, laid off, got serious illness) but a few years later everything turned out all right then it got better more years later.

I'm set my goal to get 37in, axles, EVO Double D Pro, and more for my jeep jk in the future. I must stay away from 40in. Damn that Wayalife/JKX videos! :crazyeyes:

28 years old, wife, no kids, two incomes. I doubt I will ever have ProRock 60's and a Hemi though. We try to spend our money on our dream house and a fund for the kid's college when we have them!

05Jeeper

28 years old, wife, no kids, two incomes. I doubt I will ever have ProRock 60's and a Hemi though. We try to spend our money on our dream house and a fund for the kid's college when we have them!

I doubt if I'll have the build we see here as well. We have our share of "jacked-up" Jeeps in my area, but none too extensive. Most folks have a nice four inch lift with either 33's or 35's. That gets you through most of the trails in my area. I have to wonder about the laws in Virginia as well. I don't believe we re allowed to have more than 4-6 inches of tire extended from the fender flares, so that crosses out taking the rear flares off completely.

I'd like to have more mod's than I do, but I'm content with where I'm at...at least for now. Smart idea with the saving for college. It came faster than I expected and I was no where near prepared.

rich67

Caught the Bug
47 here. I've had my JK for a couple years, and am building it on a budget. I plan on going with a lift, some 33's, rock sliders and a rear bumper and I am done. So far, I have done my build on a tight budget. Divorce, child support, and buying a home after losing mine in foreclosure put a lot of mods on the back burner for sure. I can't do the axle swaps, beadlocks and 37's, and a lot of the other pricey mods...but I love my Jeep just the same.

darthmurdoch

Yes, you are getting old, just like the rest of us. There are a lot of very cool, expensive jeeps on this forum but they are the exception, not the rule. I would be willing to bet most who are members have a lift and tires but not much more. We hear about all the extreme rigs because, well, they are extreme. My rig is a work in progress and probably will be until the day I die but that's what makes it fun!

05Jeeper

Yes, you are getting old, just like the rest of us. There are a lot of very cool, expensive jeeps on this forum but they are the exception, not the rule. I would be willing to bet most who are members have a lift and tires but not much more. We hear about all the extreme rigs because, well, they are extreme. My rig is a work in progress and probably will be until the day I die but that's what makes it fun!

I agree, but it's nice to hear about everyone's families. Too bad we can't all meet somewhere in the middle states for a meet and greet. And of course a Jeep ride as well.

Havoc40

28, single, no kids. Only have the house to pay for. My Jeep and Vette get most of my $$, tool box and gun safe fight for the rest :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom