Amp'd Up JKU Sport Build

Warebear

It's a 63qt. It is big. I think the 50qt is the ideal size because it can fit facing front to back and be placed either on the small part of the seat folded down, or in the cargo area. I don't think they're going to make the Elements fridge in any other size though.

Ok awesome thank you! Ya I haven't even heard of the element series until I saw yours. I don't think I'd need a waterproof one inside the jeep. Looks awesome though!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

seansheds

Installed the wiring for the ARB fridge today. While I was in there I also added a rear cigarette and USB sockets, and some additional cargo lighting and some rear ground lighting. For the cargo and ground lighting I decided to not hook it into the dome light, and put it on a switch instead. Didn't want to have to worry about the dome light timeout.

I ran 8 gauge power wire from the battery to a new fuse box that I mounted at the base of the B pillar. The access panel is perfect if I need to replace a blown fuse, and the box has 6 fused outputs and can handle 100 amps. I used one for the fridge and one for the rear sockets and lights. In the future I'll switch my underseat subwoofer and CB to be powered from it instead of being wired to the battery. That will clean things up a bit.

IMG_8325.jpg

IMG_8327.jpg

IMG_8329.jpg

IMG_8331.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

I'm super stoked with how much light is output by the strip LEDs I got off eBay. Plenty of light in the cargo area, and the ground!

IMG_8334.jpg

JKbrick

Installed the wiring for the ARB fridge today. While I was in there I also added a rear cigarette and USB sockets, and some additional cargo lighting and some rear ground lighting. For the cargo and ground lighting I decided to not hook it into the dome light, and put it on a switch instead. Didn't want to have to worry about the dome light timeout.

I ran 8 gauge power wire from the battery to a new fuse box that I mounted at the base of the B pillar. The access panel is perfect if I need to replace a blown fuse, and the box has 6 fused outputs and can handle 100 amps. I used one for the fridge and one for the rear sockets and lights. In the future I'll switch my underseat subwoofer and CB to be powered from it instead of being wired to the battery. That will clean things up a bit.

View attachment 274173

View attachment 274174

View attachment 274175

View attachment 274176

View attachment 274177

I'm super stoked with how much light is output by the strip LEDs I got off eBay. Plenty of light in the cargo area, and the ground!

View attachment 274180

That all looks great! Good job

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

seansheds

Had quite the scare over the weekend. A Buddy and I took our families up a mountain to watch the sunset. As we were leaving we saw a group of deer off to the left and as we were watching them I was moving forward slowly. All of a sudden the whole Jeep starting sliding to the right and tipping toward the passenger side. Once it stopped we were sitting at about 30 degrees!

My wife a daughter we're freaking out a bit so I calmed them down. I had no idea WTF just happened because I knew I was on the road. I climbed out to find we had slid into a huge rut that none of us had seen.

I got them out and then yelled up to my Buddy who was already several hundred yards up the road. He had to back down because we were on the side of the mountain so I guided him down.

We tied off a climbing rope and he pulled me out no problem, but we were really lucky. If the rut had been a couple inches deeper we probably would have flopped.

Lessons learned...

1. If you're going to take your eyes off the trail make sure you STOP completely.

2. Buy a real tow strap! I've been putting it off but now I'm getting a recovery kit. If he wasn't a climber we would have been SOL

3. Don't wheel alone and if you are make sure you at least have a winch. I don't yet.

IMG_8397.jpg

IMG_8398.jpg

IMG_8399.jpg

IMG_8400.jpg

10abadilla/jk

Had quite the scare over the weekend. A Buddy and I took our families up a mountain to watch the sunset. As we were leaving we saw a group of deer off to the left and as we were watching them I was moving forward slowly. All of a sudden the whole Jeep starting sliding to the right and tipping toward the passenger side. Once it stopped we were sitting at about 30 degrees!

My wife a daughter we're freaking out a bit so I calmed them down. I had no idea WTF just happened because I knew I was on the road. I climbed out to find we had slid into a huge rut that none of us had seen.

I got them out and then yelled up to my Buddy who was already several hundred yards up the road. He had to back down because we were on the side of the mountain so I guided him down.

We tied off a climbing rope and he pulled me out no problem, but we were really lucky. If the rut had been a couple inches deeper we probably would have flopped.

Lessons learned...

1. If you're going to take your eyes off the trail make sure you STOP completely.

2. Buy a real tow strap! I've been putting it off but now I'm getting a recovery kit. If he wasn't a climber we would have been SOL

3. Don't wheel alone and if you are make sure you at least have a winch. I don't yet.

View attachment 275349

View attachment 275350

View attachment 275351

View attachment 275352
Glad you guys are ok and didn't roll it.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

The light output of those ebay LED's are amazing! They look like they put out way more light than my silly Wally World led platinum burners I have for my cargo area. As far as driving off the trail.... DOUGH!!!! Glad you and the family were okay. Recovery gear for you bud.... no more shopping CL for anything but recovery gear..... [emoji6][emoji23]

fiend

Caught the Bug
The light output of those ebay LED's are amazing! They look like they put out way more light than my silly Wally World led platinum burners I have for my cargo area. As far as driving off the trail.... DOUGH!!!! Glad you and the family were okay. Recovery gear for you bud.... no more shopping CL for anything but recovery gear..... [emoji6][emoji23]

No, Sean needs to stay off CL so I can jump on all the best deals! [emoji16]

Top Bottom