And we shall call him Swindle...

BlackJKU08

Ok, so as the proud owner of a new to me 2008 JKUS, I began lurking on numerous sites relating to the ownership of these vehicles and found the most informative and helpful group to be here at WAYALIFE.

So it's time for me to document all the fun that this build is going to be, I have loads of plans but at moment still enjoying as is and slowly working at upgrading as needed to have the rig I want.

CE27B052-A61D-4F0F-BA82-5AB22CD0DC02.JPG

Here is how it looked at purchase, I have made some minor additions and changes. I will start adding to this soon and also at times solicit advise and information from the great folks here.

As for the name, it was my son who helped come up with it...it's an homage to the deception jeep from the cartoon.

Let the adventure begin...and of course there's more than meets the eye

IMG_2368.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedSheep

lol ... clicked on this thread escaping to see a bunch of drama related to some less the honorable vender/dealer/frenemy .. oh well welcome and enjoy building your Jeep

Draconianwinter

lol ... clicked on this thread escaping to see a bunch of drama related to some less the honorable vender/dealer/frenemy .. oh well welcome and enjoy building your Jeep
Lol same here. I was expecting to see there was someone we should all avoid lol.

@OP good luck on the build and hope you enjoy everything from building it up to ridding the trails

sent from your basement

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Then you can name your bank account Dwindle since it will shrink now that you have a JK, LOL! Good luck with the build, looking forward to the updates as they happen.

BlackJKU08

Sorry to disappoint...no drama, hopefully the stories I have seen here will help me avoid it completely, at least with my jeep build. [emoji41]

BlackJKU08

Then you can name your bank account Dwindle since it will shrink now that you have a JK, LOL! Good luck with the build, looking forward to the updates as they happen.

I like the rhyming and have heard all of the acronyms for what jeep really stands for. I just have to figure out the vision and make it reality, because I can honestly say that moving from a Charger Daytona to this Jeep was a move that I now have zero regrets over.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: Won't lie, I was kinda expecting to see the same. :crazyeyes:

Hey OP, Looking forward to seeing what you do with this Jeep :thumb:

BlackJKU08

So, it was time for a brake job, and while surfing the old Craigslist found some takeoffs from a 17 rubicon with less than 50 miles on them, which made me decide to also replace the tired stock shocks and possibly springs. A lift may be in my future, but I don't want to go half in, so I figured this was a nice way to refresh suspension without going broke (less than $100)

As I am finding with most projects on my rig, due to prior owners lack of attention and proper maintenance, everything is taking much longer than it should. Ended up breaking the nuts off the top of front shocks to replace them and had a brake lie snap on drivers side during the process.

Overall though, the parts seem to have tightened up suspension and no more vibration when braking, so a successful mission, albeit long.

As always, videos on WAL helped when questions came up.

With this now complete, I think it's time to save up and figure out next place to put money. Been thinking about bumpers, so I could then get winch, but not sure...any suggestions of a better order to do my build. As a noob, with a young son who likes giving jeep gifts, I need to figure it direction

IMG_2382.JPG IMG_2383.JPG IMG_2384.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, it was time for a brake job, and while surfing the old Craigslist found some takeoffs from a 17 rubicon with less than 50 miles on them, which made me decide to also replace the tired stock shocks and possibly springs. A lift may be in my future, but I don't want to go half in, so I figured this was a nice way to refresh suspension without going broke (less than $100)

As I am finding with most projects on my rig, due to prior owners lack of attention and proper maintenance, everything is taking much longer than it should. Ended up breaking the nuts off the top of front shocks to replace them and had a brake lie snap on drivers side during the process.

Overall though, the parts seem to have tightened up suspension and no more vibration when braking, so a successful mission, albeit long.

As always, videos on WAL helped when questions came up.

With this now complete, I think it's time to save up and figure out next place to put money. Been thinking about bumpers, so I could then get winch, but not sure...any suggestions of a better order to do my build. As a noob, with a young son who likes giving jeep gifts, I need to figure it direction

Winches can be expensive and so long as you're wheeling with friends, not really necessary. If you don't have them already, I'd have to recommend getting a good set of rocker guards. If you do have them a rear bumper tire carrier to get the spare off the tailgate and then a front bumper. If you're just wanting something to do, you can always trim your front bumper and make it into a stubby. :yup:
main.php

https://www.wayalife.com/showthread.php?8646-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Homemade-Stubby-Front-Bumper-Write-Up

BlackJKU08

Winches can be expensive and so long as you're wheeling with friends, not really necessary. If you don't have them already, I'd have to recommend getting a good set of rocker guards. If you do have them a rear bumper tire carrier to get the spare off the tailgate and then a front bumper. If you're just wanting something to do, you can always trim your front bumper and make it into a stubby. :yup:
main.php

https://www.wayalife.com/showthread.php?8646-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Homemade-Stubby-Front-Bumper-Write-Up

My Sahara has factory sidesteps. I have been looking at changing those out for some kind of rock slider, though I need something that has a step of some kind so my 8yr old son can get in and out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have seen some by EVO and DV8 that I like, but need to see some in person or get reviews to know which makes most sense for me.

BlackJKU08

This week was one for repair and maintenance on Swindle, but after a debacle at the dealership, still mad at myself for even going there, he now sits with a new radiator and coolant, full drag link, tie rod and steering stabilizer installed. Truth be told, now rides better than when I bought it 7 months ago...maybe the next few dollars spent will be on fun upgrades and not repairs.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Upgrades are way more fun than repairs! It's like buying underwear, I already had underwear, now I'm buying something that's already there. But if I buy a bra, Ooo La La! Wait, scratch that, I meant jock strap, a big manly jock strap.

Top Bottom