Another manufacturer claiming installer error

Dune Crawler

does the clutch disk have two "high" sides? according to your first photos it shows the centre high side protruding from the disc towards the engine. on the pics you got from centerforce it looks like the "high" side is facing away from the flywheel towards the gearbox.
if you ask me you installed the clutch disc the wrong way around because it was marked wrong. they probably did not even look at the markings on the disk because they know which way around it goes.

when you have all the bits back take some pics of the clutch disk.

If he gets it back...

does the clutch disk have two "high" sides? according to your first photos it shows the centre high side protruding from the disc towards the engine. on the pics you got from centerforce it looks like the "high" side is facing away from the flywheel towards the gearbox.
if you ask me you installed the clutch disc the wrong way around because it was marked wrong. they probably did not even look at the markings on the disk because they know which way around it goes.

when you have all the bits back take some pics of the clutch disk.

3out of 4 of those pics show the long side towards the flywheel, same way it's labeled.

Update.. It took a while but I was finally refunded the money for the clutch. However, the refund didn't come from Centerforce. In the end it was 4WP that issued the refund because the clutch was sent to their Compton warehouse rather than the Fresno store it was bought from. This warehouse from what I'm told is very large and easy for returned products to never be seen again.

jeeeep

Hooked
Update.. It took a while but I was finally refunded the money for the clutch. However, the refund didn't come from Centerforce. In the end it was 4WP that issued the refund because the clutch was sent to their Compton warehouse rather than the Fresno store it was bought from. This warehouse from what I'm told is very large and easy for returned products to never be seen again.

wow, that did take a while but glad to see 4WP stepped up, too bad Centerforce didn't but good you received a refund! :thumb:

Templar

Glad you got your money back one way or another. Shame on Centerforce for their crappy customer support.

Virgil

I put a centerforce in my 2008 jku after grenading the stock clutch at around 40k miles.

This was before any hard wheeling, hadn't even put the lockers,etc in it yet.
The clutch was awesome and never had any issues or regrets.

Of course, that is only speaking for the clutch itself, thankfully never had to deal with the company as the install and performance were perfect.

When I was looking at getting another jeep in the same year range, found one with a manual, which at the time is what I wanted and was just going to change the clutch first thing to another centerforce I like it that much.

Sucks that you had those problems dealing with them because I sure did love that clutch. It was night and day difference driving the jeep after that.

Top Bottom