ANOTHER WINDSHIELD Bites the Dust - What Number are You On?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
There's a place out in the Vegas area that sells/does this. I won't lie, it sounds interesting.

🤔

I wonder if it’s like the protective film on my iPhone screen? That shit is super tough and probably the only thing holding my ghetto ass phone together. That might be a solution.

I am beginning to believe that the only reason a Jeep’s windshield folds down is to keep the glass from breaking. 😂🤣

Damn, this thread's gonna give me bad luck. I'm at 63k miles and on the original... To be fair I live on the Southern California Coast, not many rigs kicking shit up out here. (Knocking on wood)

TheGrendel

I've seen some company advertising windshield film for Jeeps... Kinda like tear offs for motocross goggles.

They come with three layers you can tear off as they get damaged, I wonder how they would do.
I have heard about this. I want to tint my front window. I have a few friends that have done a 70% ceramic on their windshields. Apparently it cuts down on heat and glare big time. it’s still legal limit. But I don’t want to do it and then be replacing the windshield 6 months later.

lol, all you suckas with your new windows… 48500 miles and still on the first. 😜
About 40k for me, but some rock pits and a starred bit. Two trucks came at 80 mph into a 45mph chip-seal zone just as I was finishing it. It did not make me happy. But the small star is stable. Maybe I can make it into 48k!

TheGrendel

About 40k for me, but some rock pits and a starred bit. Two trucks came at 80 mph into a 45mph chip-seal zone just as I was finishing it. It did not make me happy. But the small star is stable. Maybe I can make it into 48k!
My wife’s 4Runner got a fast moving crack. Replaced it. 4 days later we were driving down 183 in Austin we got a chip because some jackass was hauling broken concrete uncovered in a short sided utility trailer. Concrete chips were flying all over the place.

CalSgt

Hooked
🤔

I wonder if it’s like the protective film on my iPhone screen? That shit is super tough and probably the only thing holding my ghetto ass phone together. That might be a solution.

I am beginning to believe that the only reason a Jeep’s windshield folds down is to keep the glass from breaking. 😂🤣
I have heard about this. I want to tint my front window. I have a few friends that have done a 70% ceramic on their windshields. Apparently it cuts down on heat and glare big time. it’s still legal limit. But I don’t want to do it and then be replacing the windshield 6 months later.

I looked it up, $229 for a three layer kit. They recommend peeling a layer every 6 months but say it lasts longer under certain conditions.

I think my insurance covers one windshield per year with a $100 deductible, I'll just chance it I think.

https://racingopticsjeep.com/product/jeep-wrangler-jl-windshield-defense/

pewpew82

Caught the Bug
Gonna do the first for mine real soon since it cracked vertically right down the center.

I'm not sure if its been done since we bought a used JKU, but its sitting on 130k and the oem decals are all gone. the glass does not say MOPAR either.

Brute

Hooked
I'm having the Gorilla Glass replaced on the 392 May 1st...it was like pulling teeth to have it replaced under warranty. I'm never buying another Gorilla Glass again. Brute is on its 4th, has two small chips...but not needing a new one yet.
Two weeks after replacing the Gorilla Glass on the 392, took a small rock strike low on the passenger side…and of course it was within 100 miles of Boise, where I’ve cracked at least 4 windshields, maybe five. I probably should stop driving through Boise…

jeeeep

Hooked
That's what my last did, went all the way across and stayed like that thru winter, no car wash all winter to keep it from cracking to the point of replacing. Driver side crack eventually went to the NE right thru my line of sight.
I've thought of putting a clear band of chip protective film across the bottom since that's where the chips/cracks seem to happen most often.

Andy5160

Hooked
Two weeks after replacing the Gorilla Glass on the 392, took a small rock strike low on the passenger side…and of course it was within 100 miles of Boise, where I’ve cracked at least 4 windshields, maybe five. I probably should stop driving through Boise…
Gorilla is the same shit as any other glass. Mine was gone after a few months

Top Bottom