Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

wjtstudios

Hooked
Hmm I did not . Dealer said the mopar plugs were tapped to 0.045 but I should have checked . Probably going to dealer now since it’s still under extended warranty .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hopefully it’s as simple as that. I had to adjust a couple of my champions when I did my plugs a couple weeks ago.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Hopefully it’s as simple as that. I had to adjust a couple of my champions when I did my plugs a couple weeks ago.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Seems a little too coincidental that the issue was the old plug and the new plug also problematic for that same cylinder .

Wondering if it could be bad fuel injector 4.

Otherwise I know there was an extended warrantee for some heads in the 2012/2013s .. heard of folks in 2014s having issues too .

wjtstudios

Hooked
Seems a little too coincidental that the issue was the old plug and the new plug also problematic for that same cylinder .

Wondering if it could be bad fuel injector 4.

Otherwise I know there was an extended warrantee for some heads in the 2012/2013s .. heard of folks in 2014s having issues too .

Yeah, good point. It will be interesting to see what they say.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

fiend

Caught the Bug
That sucks Dan. I would take it to dealer if it’s still under warranty. At some point the more you mess with it, the more ability they have to blame it on you and disclaim coverage.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Damn... this blows.. Hope its a simple fix.

Thanks . Me 2

That sucks Dan. I would take it to dealer if it’s still under warranty. At some point the more you mess with it, the more ability they have to blame it on you and disclaim coverage.

Yah appointment Tuesday morning . Hopefully this doesn’t turn into a big thing and I can get back out on trails soon

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Have you heard anything?

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yah unfortunately it’s a bad cylinder head . Apparently it is a known issue in the 2011 to 2015 JKs .. the head has an extended warranty up to 150000 miles .

Unfortunately due to covid the supply chain has been disrupted and there are no parts available . Dealer quoted me 2-3 months . F

Filed a claim with Chrysler care and they are going to try to find me a part / expedite but I’m not holding my breath.

Just hope this doesn’t jack up all of the summer wheeling trips I had planned ..

Ddays

Hooked
Yah unfortunately it’s a bad cylinder head . Apparently it is a known issue in the 2011 to 2015 JKs .. the head has an extended warranty up to 150000 miles .

Unfortunately due to covid the supply chain has been disrupted and there are no parts available . Dealer quoted me 2-3 months . F

Filed a claim with Chrysler care and they are going to try to find me a part / expedite but I’m not holding my breath.

Just hope this doesn’t jack up all of the summer wheeling trips I had planned ..

Holy hell. I think maybe I'd throw a takeoff on it before I lost all Summer. That sucks.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_7149.jpg

Jeep is finally done .. dealership put in a new head .

Battery died in the meantime so I picked up one of these to keep in the Jeep .. works like a charm and can jump like 40 times on 1 charge

IMG_7151.jpg

Pep boys warranted the battery and I got a new red top free of charge

Lastly, wife and I had time to paint the RC this weekend .. did some paint mixing .. this was closer to Anvil than anything off the shelf

IMG_7146.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Ready to hit trails again!

jdofmemi

View attachment 349673

Jeep is finally done .. dealership put in a new head .

Battery died in the meantime so I picked up one of these to keep in the Jeep .. works like a charm and can jump like 40 times on 1 charge

View attachment 349674

Pep boys warranted the battery and I got a new red top free of charge

Lastly, wife and I had time to paint the RC this weekend .. did some paint mixing .. this was closer to Anvil than anything off the shelf

View attachment 349675
View attachment 349676

Ready to hit trails again!

Glad to hear that Dan👍

Those jump start boxes are awesome. Everyone should carry one.

Top Bottom