Any suggestions on a GoPro? Looking at Hero4 Session

swampdog

You guys are giving me some great advice and options. I thank you. Anybody have some videos you can load up to watch?
?

Here is a video I took when I raced at Daytona last February (one of my last races before I sold the bike to fund an engagement ring and jeep build :thumb:). The quality of this video, even when streamed in HD, is greatly reduced by the GoPro software when I compressed it for the YouTube upload, so, I will say, the raw footage is so much better. YouTube also auto corrected for some vibration and that gave it the wavy effect, but, like I said, the raw footage is unbelievably crisp. I just haven't mastered the art of producing the videos for YouTube upload in a quality fashion yet. Stream it in highest res HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76yGTvt4ms

Enjoy the view at 168 MPH on the high banks riding a 600cc streetbike.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I guess it depends on where you mount your gopro, how easy it is to get to the buttons, and whether you can even see the screen when it is mounted.

True. We like to take ours to Hawaii and not just static mount it Having a screen on the device itself would be nice.

Jackal01

I have the Hero 4 silver. We used it a lot on our cruise a couple months ago. The video below of our zip line excursion. I don't do much video editing but I did use the free GP software and it seemed decent. I have 2 Wasabi batteries and charger from amazon. They are great. I also have the blackout housing which keeps things subtle and less noticeable when in use. I also have the hand/wrist straps and head/helmet strap. All work very well.

Video shot in 1080p superview (i think) with Protune enabled.

https://youtu.be/FZuKJGATIx8

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Here is a video I took when I raced at Daytona last February (one of my last races before I sold the bike to fund an engagement ring and jeep build :thumb:). The quality of this video, even when streamed in HD, is greatly reduced by the GoPro software when I compressed it for the YouTube upload, so, I will say, the raw footage is so much better. YouTube also auto corrected for some vibration and that gave it the wavy effect, but, like I said, the raw footage is unbelievably crisp. I just haven't mastered the art of producing the videos for YouTube upload in a quality fashion yet. Stream it in highest res HD.

Very cool, Swamp!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have the Hero 4 silver. We used it a lot on our cruise a couple months ago. The video below of our zip line excursion. I don't do much video editing but I did use the free GP software and it seemed decent. I have 2 Wasabi batteries and charger from amazon. They are great. I also have the blackout housing which keeps things subtle and less noticeable when in use. I also have the hand/wrist straps and head/helmet strap. All work very well.

Video shot in 1080p superview (i think) with Protune enabled.

https://youtu.be/FZuKJGATIx8

Sweet! I showed my wife this video this morning. She is even more excited about trying some zip lines. Thanks!

Wethy

Here are some jeep related Stills I've taken throughout last year as mounting points and things to do my "selfie" stick is made out of an old broken hockey stick ha ha
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456287961.579692.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456287982.975886.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456288007.322048.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456288039.114328.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Dam! I missed this one. Now that is bad ass!

Broncorider

get the black edition because it shoots and takes pictures in HD I believe. I don't have a video to show but my buddy has made a couple of us when we go out and ride quads and they are really clear. Definitely worth it I think.

Warebear

I always just used the ones that come with it, with 3m tape on the bottom. Had a couple stuck on my TJ for years, never even came a little loose.

dj4k

i have the Hero 4 Silver and i love it. the touch screen makes it super easy to navigate the menus and it take great quality pictures and videos. i also have a short video that i made with it showing some local spots, i can find it if needed![emoji16]

Top Bottom