Anybody else into RC rock crawling ?

Brankz

The jk unlimited from axial is like 350 and then you need to buy a battery and charger. Check out RPPHobby.com they are one of the best places to get stuff. They have a local store in California and a great online store.

Bad ass, looks like fun.
I will see if I get one next payday

I know my English sucks lol

Ldogg

Bad ass, looks like fun.
I will see if I get one next payday

I know my English sucks lol

Just be for warned.... It's just as addictive as the real thing. I have serious coin tied up in them. They are super fun though for sure. To bad a real 50" rigid doesn't cost the same as the scale version.

LetsGoMuddin

I built another Toyota! :thinking: Don't worry, I still like Jeeps better in the real world!:clap2:
Oh yeah it's an RC4WD Trail Finder 2
DSC_4931.JPG

Factory seconds tailgate:cheesy:
DSC_4930.JPG

DSC_4937.JPG

Ldogg

Nice rig. Rc4wd make some really nice stuff. I happen to own a couple honcho's too. :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380832278.571826.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380832291.953143.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380832301.836572.jpg

I am waiting for this kit to come out from gmade.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380832377.120587.jpg

NHAkita

I have been looking at these things for a while now and for my 50th my wife has decided it's what she is getting me. We go camping a lot and these look like they would be a blast to drive around the woods of VT/ NH.
My question is, I wan't the 2012 JKU but I don't want just a crawler. It looks like the wraith platform is what I want but the JKU body isn't made for it. Can I get the RTR JKU and change the gearing? Is the wheel base and body mounts that different on the wraith so the JKU body won't fit? Hard to tell reading the spec and I can't find a local shop with Axial stuff in stock.
Thanks,
Paul

Ldogg

I have been looking at these things for a while now and for my 50th my wife has decided it's what she is getting me. We go camping a lot and these look like they would be a blast to drive around the woods of VT/ NH.
My question is, I wan't the 2012 JKU but I don't want just a crawler. It looks like the wraith platform is what I want but the JKU body isn't made for it. Can I get the RTR JKU and change the gearing? Is the wheel base and body mounts that different on the wraith so the JKU body won't fit? Hard to tell reading the spec and I can't find a local shop with Axial stuff in stock.
Thanks,
Paul

The cage will not work with the unlimited body. you could buy the scx10 and swap the motor, tranny and gears in the axles to make it go faster. Honestly the rtr is a good blend of both, but hobby grade stuff you can do whatever you want. You can also swap the wraith axles onto the scx10 chassis. It makes the tires stick out more as those axles are wider then the scx10 but it's done all the time.

I finally found a 2door hard body with tons of detail. I cut it up a little last night and it needs paint, and I need to tweak the ride hight and wheelbase and maybe cut an inch off the frame but I am happy with the potential.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389966801.557476.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389966809.875232.jpg

And some sliders I had laying around
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389966825.892340.jpg

Rottenbelly

I have a few. They are tons of fun.
My big and little crawlers.
DSC_0057.jpg

My newest rig.
DSC_0692.jpg

Built this one about 4 years ago before I even had my 1.1.
DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_00212-1.jpg

NHAkita

Thanks Ldogg! ROtten those are some nice looking Jeeps.
How fast are the crawlers? I guess I am on the edge of either the wraith or JKU crawler because of the speed thing. Is there that big of a difference?
Thanks again!
Paul

Rottenbelly

Thanks Ldogg! ROtten those are some nice looking Jeeps.
How fast are the crawlers? I guess I am on the edge of either the wraith or JKU crawler because of the speed thing. Is there that big of a difference?
Thanks again!
Paul

The stock rigs are maybe running fast. But there are tons of options in motors and gearing.
I usually run a 35 turn motor on a 3 cell lipo. Gives it good wheelspeed and still great crawling torque.
They also have a new 2 speed transmission for them now to give it the best of both worlds.

Ldogg

The scx10 is a great platform. Thing is once you get it you will want a wraith, so just get that too! :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389980866.054185.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389980879.853955.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389980895.889463.jpg

NHAkita

Ldogg that's Awesome! I do like the new Poison spider wraith. This sounds like another expensive hobby...

In a past life, before my kids were born, I owned a hobby shop...my garage is full of relics from the R/C past...original Tamiya stff, Frog, Grasshopper, Fox, Hulux, Wild Willys to name a few. Also have a bunch of Losi and Traxxas stuff...a couple Kyosho monster truck and 1/8 scale buggies...someday I'll blow the dust off of them. It's literally 40-50 rigs.

Recently my son (11) and I picked up a couple Traxxas 4wd Slash RTRs for bombing around the yard.

Thru my dealership I just ordered the Axial JKU RTRS SCX10...for some reason Mopar Parts carries them! I just know this is going to cost me a small fortune after looking at what's available for them in the scale parts world!

I think rock crawling will be the way to go with radio control...I can't wait to get it!

Ldogg

Ldogg that's Awesome! I do like the new Poison spider wraith. This sounds like another expensive hobby...

Hahaha, it is. The new ps wraith is pretty sweet. All you need is a scale driver and your set.

My kids got a kick out of it with their elf on a shelf.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389985383.261326.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389985423.104099.jpg

I have about 30 RC cars so yeah it becomes and addiction.

JKU-Tom

I would love to have a Wild Willys driver but damn those things are expensive once you get them painted. My Wraith is just like my jeep. The upgrading never ends but it is so much fun.

JKFlyer

In a past life, before my kids were born, I owned a hobby shop...my garage is full of relics from the R/C past...original Tamiya stff, Frog, Grasshopper, Fox, Hulux, Wild Willys to name a few. Also have a bunch of Losi and Traxxas stuff...a couple Kyosho monster truck and 1/8 scale buggies...someday I'll blow the dust off of them. It's literally 40-50 rigs.

Recently my son (11) and I picked up a couple Traxxas 4wd Slash RTRs for bombing around the yard.

Thru my dealership I just ordered the Axial JKU RTRS SCX10...for some reason Mopar Parts carries them! I just know this is going to cost me a small fortune after looking at what's available for them in the scale parts world!

I think rock crawling will be the way to go with radio control...I can't wait to get it!

Nice I grew up w grasshopper, hornet, etc. Now I have a slash and a 1/8 savage flux HP. Amazing how far technology has come. But my true passion is RC planes....jets etc

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom