Anyone Else Losing Their Health Care in 2018?

sc_rhino

Are you sure they won't offer coverage outside of the exchange which is Obamacare. The exchanges are just the place where you might get a subsidy. If you called them they may tell you something different.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I have blue cross high deductible plan with an health care spending account through work. When I was on the site the other day it appeared to me that individuals could sign up. I would see if they have this for your area. The payments are not too bad, and the HSA is like a 401k where contributions are pre tax, and capped at 3k? Per person. If I remember correctly when the account gets 5k in it it's invested like a 401k and when you go to the Dr you can just draw against it. Basically if you don't go to the Dr often you don't have to pay all that much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

madstiles

Don't know about Nevada but I have Florida blue (Blue cross blue shield) and you can purchase without a broker on their website. I pay about $500 a month for individual high deductible plan. Deductible is $1500 max out of pocket $5000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

sassmouth

Are you sure they won't offer coverage outside of the exchange which is Obamacare. The exchanges are just the place where you might get a subsidy. If you called them they may tell you something different.
In Illinois, the exchanges are the only place to obtain individual coverage, subsidy or not.

jesse3638

Hooked
That truly sucks to be losing coverage. Being self employed or a business owner has to be really difficult when it comes to health insurance. Sounds like there are some good leads on a solution though.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

HoosierWolf

I have a friend who is self employed and she is currently using Ambetter Health by MHS and it has been costing her under 100.00 per month but that was with a tax credit. I don't know if that is an option in Nevada and she doesn't know if it will be sticking around going forward either.

Wish I could be more help. I know that our future down the road is going to paying for our own insurance but I'm only just now delving into sort out options.

Appreciate the thread though. I'll be checking it to see what everyone else has found as solutions.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! So, to add insult to injury (no pun intended), I got word from Anthem a while ago that they'd be able to help me figure out something in spite of the fact that the Silver State Exchange will no longer cover Carson City County. Today I learned through my local news that Anthem is now leaving the State of Nevada entirely. :crazyeyes:

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
If you have not had to deal with O'care directly, you simply cannot appreciate the reality of ACA.

One avenue we found helpful, was to look for different groups to join. There are a number of group policies for members of a credit union, college alumni, professional groups (e.g. real estate agents), and the like. May not offer tremendous relief monetarily, but they will help, and can offer coverage where you'd otherwise find nothing.

For what it's worth.

Trail Bud

Hooked
I feel your pain. Obamacare resulted in a 100% increase in my premiums since I own my own business. The solution for us? I cancelled our insurance and my wife got a part-time job at Wells Fargo. She gets benefits for the entire family and it costs less than what we were paying before Obamacare.

How many hrs a week does she need to get the health benefits? That's a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

And I did a lot of research on Medishare so let me know if you have questions.

We have been looking into this as well. Cobra runs out for us midyear next year, and If we could find something that we like sooner (less costly) we would jump now. Having been in the medical device industry for 20+ years though, and a daughter with a few health issues, the CASH side of that plan isn't sitting to well with me. You have to negotiate for a CASH price. I know there are hospitals and Dr's willing to do so, but not all. And some Dr's don't have the infrastructure for a CASH program.

Top Bottom