anyone have any experience with

bekel

hi with the lift the evo coilovers added to my 12 rubicon im looking at the Rock Slide Engineering 3rd Generation Step Sliders so me an my friend can get in the jeep ezer does anyone run these and how well do they hold up on trails. I spend about 70/30 road an trails but do go down to moab every other year an dont want to wast my money on something that will not hold up thank you

MericaMade

I personally would't run them if you are really using your sliders in the rocks. My buddy has them and they are nice and really fit the jeep good. The step is a awesome feature but I would be really worried of taking a hard shot with them and bending the area where the step drops out.

jeeeep

Hooked
I personally would't run them if you are really using your sliders in the rocks. My buddy has them and they are nice and really fit the jeep good. The step is a awesome feature but I would be really worried of taking a hard shot with them and bending the area where the step drops out.
I saw them at EJS when they 1st came out, they hit a rock and it jammed the step so they could no longer demo one side.
I'd guess they've made changes since because I've witnessed Gen II take what I would consider pretty good hits on the rocks and they continue to work but, they also had additional skid plates installed on the steps to protect them from direct hits.
IMO for the almost $3000 price tag of the Gen III, I'd look for other options
hi with the lift the evo coilovers added to my 12 rubicon im looking at the Rock Slide Engineering 3rd Generation Step Sliders so me an my friend can get in the jeep ezer does anyone run these and how well do they hold up on trails. I spend about 70/30 road an trails but do go down to moab every other year an dont want to wast my money on something that will not hold up thank you
I get what you mean, I'm 6'1 and it's a hike to get into the Jeep after coilovers. I just installed a cheap set of plastic factory style running boards and plan to add brackets to drop them about another 2-3" until I find a more permanent solution.
They're easy enough to remove and slap on the factory rails if needed but I foresee the immediate future being mostly road and mild off-road terrain.

2011jk

I had the first gen version..couldn't handle hits which resulted in the gap around the step to get tight and cause the step to get jammed.
I fixed it then sold them and got Poison Spider ...they can take HARD hits and shrug it off.

MericaMade

I saw them at EJS when they 1st came out, they hit a rock and it jammed the step so they could no longer demo one side.
I'd guess they've made changes since because I've witnessed Gen II take what I would consider pretty good hits on the rocks and they continue to work but, they also had additional skid plates installed on the steps to protect them from direct hits.
IMO for the almost $3000 price tag of the Gen III, I'd look for other options

I get what you mean, I'm 6'1 and it's a hike to get into the Jeep after coilovers. I just installed a cheap set of plastic factory style running boards and plan to add brackets to drop them about another 2-3" until I find a more permanent solution.
They're easy enough to remove and slap on the factory rails if needed but I foresee the immediate future being mostly road and mild off-road terrain.
3k forget that.

Brute

Hooked
I've seen two RSE step sliders stop working after taking a direct hit on a rock at the step; one in Moab at EJS, the other on the Rubicon. They seem to be well made, but if you use your sliders as intended, this is a possibility. I actually installed a set of AMP sliders on my Anvil JKU for my wife, removed them for a couple trails (like the Rubicon) while running solid rs'ers, then reinstalled them afterwards (pita)...I finally removed them permanently when I sold the jeep.

If you really need the convenience to get into the Jeep since it's a daily driver, get them...and drive carefully on the trail. Otherwise, get something solid and enjoy the extra exercise...

CalSgt

Hooked
I cant remember who was building them but when I was shopping for sliders there was a company that sold a typical frame mounted tube slider and they offered accessory step hoops that hung down. The step hoops were supposedly easy to remove/install so they could be left at home for wheeling trips.

Top Bottom