Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

j_colter

Anyone have a pic of the backside of the LOD destroyer rear bumper?

Curious how the hitch is welded to the bumper and if it bolts to the cross member. Anyone have a pic of the rear side of the bumper?

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
LōD Offroad;936655 said:
Those two outside horizontal holes are pretty much optional. If you do use them, however, it should be rock-solid.

Ok I didn't see we're it said optional in the instructions. Guess there's your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Fought that damn hi lift jack for two hours. Too high and it hits the third brake light, too low and hits the rubber pucks, too far left and still hits brake light bracket. It's finally in its place but I don't like it. OCD, it's not centered. IMG_20170830_193324015.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You may try adjusting your third brake light if the mounts are slotted. Trying to figure out why yours is sitting off center :crazyeyes: Ours seemed to sit in the middle fine when we tested it, both with third brake light and without, as shown in the image below

example_DSC1129.jpg

Fought that damn hi lift jack for two hours. Too high and it hits the third brake light, too low and hits the rubber pucks, too far left and still hits brake light bracket. It's finally in its place but I don't like it. OCD, it's not centered. View attachment 274769

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Took some pictures for review. Let me know if you have any thoughts.
Pic 1: 3rd brake light is at lowest setting, electrical cord is tight, cant go higher(thought about taking a dremel and cutting this over hang off)
Pic 2: At current setting, the puck doesn't hit at close
Pic 3: If I go higher, the handle hits the 3rd brake light
Pic 4: At about 3/4 open the puck hits the jack
Pic 5: Had to position the jack far to passenger side to clear handle

Attachments

• 3rd brake bracket at lowest setting cant go higher because electrical cord is too short.jpg
    3rd brake bracket at lowest setting cant go higher because electrical cord is too short.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 313
  • Fine while closed.jpg
    Fine while closed.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 313
  • Higher hits the 3rd brake light lower hits the rubber puck.jpg
    Higher hits the 3rd brake light lower hits the rubber puck.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 333
  • Hit at open.jpg
    Hit at open.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 342
  • To far to passenger side to clear handle.jpg
    To far to passenger side to clear handle.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Just put the bumpers thru some paces in Moab. Overall held up really well, even though I dropped on them pretty hard multiple times.

This is one part that did bend. Before:
IMG_20170809_071446.jpg

After:
IMG_20170926_184056.jpg

Wondering if that's a part that's only meant to be installed when towing.

Powdercoat held up well. Just scratched off a little.
IMG_20170926_184106.jpg

Just put the bumpers thru some paces in Moab. Overall held up really well, even though I dropped on them pretty hard multiple times.

This is one part that did bend. Before:
View attachment 277621

After:
View attachment 277622

Wondering if that's a part that's only meant to be installed when towing.

Powdercoat held up well. Just scratched off a little.
View attachment 277623

Nice work! Hope you guys are having a blast in Moab.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OsoFat

Hitch Pin Lock

LōD Offroad;878553 said:
While we do apologize for any rust appearing on powdercoated parts, small gaps are sometimes missed by our powdercoater, and even if they are not they can still be hard to fill when using a large spray gun.

If I remember correctly that gap was addressed in one of the first revisions of the bumper and is now being welded completely down the seam.

On a side note, we have had reports of people's locking hitch pins not working (the large barrel end type) so here is a picture of a way to lock the Destroyer hitch in place:

View attachment 252821

I know this is an old thread with a lot of really good info on this bumper. I read it completely before going ahead and getting my Destroyer. Just thought I give a quick update. Apparently, LoD has modified the hitch a little, because a regular barrel-type hitch pin lock works easily on mine. It's a great bumper and one of the few rated to tow.

I believe the engineering dept either extended the hitch out ever so slightly or changed the hole position, so that customers could use a larger variety of locking barrel bolts :D

I know this is an old thread with a lot of really good info on this bumper. I read it completely before going ahead and getting my Destroyer. Just thought I give a quick update. Apparently, LoD has modified the hitch a little, because a regular barrel-type hitch pin lock works easily on mine. It's a great bumper and one of the few rated to tow.

Top Bottom