Anyone replaced their ECM / PCM / ECU

Quick update...the dealership has replaced the gas peddle. No change. Looked in the tranny for metal shavings due to some solenoid issues in there....no metal. Now
Chrysler is telling them to replace the ECM. I don't think it will change anything but here goes! So frustrated!!!!!!

BDP849

Quick update...the dealership has replaced the gas peddle. No change. Looked in the tranny for metal shavings due to some solenoid issues in there....no metal. Now
Chrysler is telling them to replace the ECM. I don't think it will change anything but here goes! So frustrated!!!!!!

Man I thought you had this worked out, sorry to hear you are still having issues. If I can help please let me know.

Dealership called this afternoon. They put in a factory ECM and said it started right up. They ran it for awhile with no issues. They are going to drive it for awhile in the morning and see if it's still good. Keeping my fingers crossed.
What I am really keeping my fingers crossed about is that the company I bought the no factory ECM from will give me my money back.

BDP849

Dealership called this afternoon. They put in a factory ECM and said it started right up. They ran it for awhile with no issues. They are going to drive it for awhile in the morning and see if it's still good. Keeping my fingers crossed.
What I am really keeping my fingers crossed about is that the company I bought the no factory ECM from will give me my money back.

Hope that's the fix for you.

Its been a couple weeks since I got the rig back. I sent back the aftermarket ECM (second one) that I bought for a refund. I would never recommend anyone buy a refurbished rebuilt one. I am sure my original went bad and I would have had an easy fix from the beginning if I would have bought one from a dealer.

I had the dealer put in a new one and reflash it, and bam. Not a problem since then!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

jeeeep

Hooked
Its been a couple weeks since I got the rig back. I sent back the aftermarket ECM (second one) that I bought for a refund. I would never recommend anyone buy a refurbished rebuilt one. I am sure my original went bad and I would have had an easy fix from the beginning if I would have bought one from a dealer.

I had the dealer put in a new one and reflash it, and bam. Not a problem since then!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good deal! hope it stays trouble free!

I may have to replace my damn TIPM it's starting to toss codes that are related to the TIPM..well, I may have working rear power door locks again, damn expensive relay :naw:

Fury08

Any word on how your jeep has been since the new ecu? I have all the same symptoms except the limp mode but all the dash lights,jeep not starting etc. also mine flashes a hot oil light also. The dealership can't seem to figure out the problem. As much as I hate to say it I might suggest a new ECM to them.

After I had a new ECM from the dealership installed, it ran great. I was able to return the aftermarket rebuilt one for a full refund. My suggestion would be, only use factory new ECM's!!!!!

wharfrat1121

I'm glad everything worked out for you. I had my throttle body changed and gas pedal changed. Still have the issue. Dealer is gonna order the pcm for me. This is my dd.. sucks.. and to tell you the truth quite dangerous when it goes into limp mode when you are in the left lane on the highway. Great thread.. gives me hope

Draconianwinter

Glad to hear you're not having anymore problems out of it, and I will definitely be keeping this in mind, just in case my brother or I have anything like this going oon down the road with our jeeps.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sahara_Maverick

Dealers in general do not know crap about the vehicles they service and only follow procedures.
I just replaced my JKU's TIPM, which is a serious Achilles' heel in our Jeeps that can leave us stranded if we are lucky, or even kill us if it fails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

larsonta

It's $600 for unreturned core charged by Superchips... I just put a Superchips' Traildash2 in my 2015 JKU and didn't do a swap, instead had them update my original and send it back to me, so far so good

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

rabia

I'm glad everything worked out for you. I had my throttle body changed and gas pedal changed. Still have the issue. Dealer is gonna order the pcm for me. This is my dd.. sucks.. and to tell you the truth quite dangerous when it goes into limp mode when you are in the left lane on the highway. Great thread.. gives me hope

How'd the new PCM work for you?

I've already had my gas peddle and throttle body changed too...still having problems as well. Jeep going into the dealership on Tuesday to try to sort it out AGAIN.

-r

Top Bottom