Anyone see this?

bkac

Caught the Bug
So I did a little more research on this today and I hear this was the practice jump before the "actually" jump that was going to be filmed with a drone. When the launch happened at the high rate of speed there might have been a bit of panic and the brakes were applied causing a major nosedive and the flying rig to come to an abrupt stop while bounding into the sand. now that's a "Hey ya'll watch this" right there!
I here there was even a call to see if a warranty would cover it. Lol!
Really hope to see a video one day!

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I did a little more research on this today and my "sources" tell me this was the practice jump before the "actually" jump that was going to be filmed with a drone. When the launch happened at the high rate of speed there might have been a bit of panic and the brakes were applied causing a major nosedive and the flying rig to come to an abrupt stop while bounding into the sand. now that's a "Hey ya'll watch this" right there!
I here there was even a call to see if a warranty would cover it. Lol!
Really hope to see a video one day!

You can't just say "my sources" and then not say who they are.

bkac

Caught the Bug
You can't just say "my sources" and then not say who they are.

"Sources" was more of a joke. It was someone of someone from someone that was there. I wish I were more important! ya, nah maybe not! Lol

Not sure if it's true or not. Sounds good though...

10frank9

Web Wheeler
"Sources" was more of a joke. It was someone of someone from someone that was there. I wish I were more important! ya, nah maybe not! Lol

Not sure if it's true or not. Sounds good though...

So you heard it from someone or someone who heard it from someone? :thinking: I'm no detective but something sounds off. ;)

bkac

Caught the Bug
So you heard it from someone or someone who heard it from someone? :thinking: I'm no detective but something sounds off. ;)

You're pretty much spot on and on top of that I'm in the garage painting my EVO Carrier while sniffing fumes. :D

Tree Frog

Crazy, stupid, idiot... Huh?
I know a lot of people that think we are crazy for taking a brand new Jeep off road and getting scratch's on the paint from the brush. Let alone pounding the underside on rocks all day long.

I guess all I am trying to say is I bet this jump was a freaking hoot and would have been a blast to try if executed right, with the right equipment.
The reason most of us do any of this is too see just what our rigs are capable of.

However going off on a testosterone charged, here hold my beer and watch this kind of moment with others in the rig is defiantly not too bright.

Hearing how this thing was built and with quality stuff I am kind of surprised it failed as bad as it did. But stuff does break and that is why when pulling off a big stunt like this a helmet and a fire suit might be a good idea.

I bet this guy watched those Recoil videos with BJ Baldwin.
Still say it would be a dang hoot! Anybody else wonder if he will try it again?

brodydez

So I was there when this took place and helped them get this sad Jeep back on their trailer. The distance he got was well over 100 feet and at least was 20 feet in the air. It was a pretty epic site. [ ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432130439.256071.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432130453.147148.jpg ATTACH]144213[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432130417.228332.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432130417.228332.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 194

bkac

Caught the Bug
Look at the passenger front wheel, looks like it's bent/broken. Look at the hub vs the rim. Wow!

brodydez

We took the lugs off of the rim so that is why it is so out of whack to the hub. The tire was binding up when we were trying to get it on the trailer.

MIURA

Lmao if I had that much money I would probably do something similar.. Not saying it's not idiotic

brodydez

So how did it land, was it a nosedive? Anyone get hurt?

It land nose first. It hit the sand and then slid about 10 feet. It had been raining so the sand was pretty wet. If it was dry he probably would have been fine. No one got hurt, not even his pride. He was laughing and joking around. The jeep was easy a $100k+ deal.

Top Bottom