Anyone see this?

brodydez

Does that price include the Terrorflex long arms on it? Sorry, I don't see $100k there, not even before he went airborne.

That's cool, it's tough to see from a few photos. A hemi swap and a full custom roll cage, Dana 60 front and rear and a ton of other small things like the hood, lights, rear tire carrier, paint job and more. Of course the cost of the jeep itself as well. I'm sure he is all in over $100k.

That's cool, it's tough to see from a few photos. A hemi swap and a full custom roll cage, Dana 60 front and rear and a ton of other small things like the hood, lights, rear tire carrier, paint job and more. Of course the cost of the jeep itself as well. I'm sure he is all in over $100k.

You might be right.

t8er

Does that price include the Terrorflex long arms on it? Sorry, I don't see $100k there, not even before he went airborne.

Knowing how many times it's been built and rebuilt. I'd say by the time you put together all the money in all the combos he's had its over $250k.

David1tontj

I don't think it's stupid that he jumped it... If you've got the money to break stuff, go right ahead- makes it very entertaining for us!

I think it's very very stupid that in the time of smart phones and go pro cameras, I still haven't seen a video!!

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I don't think it's stupid that he jumped it... If you've got the money to break stuff, go right ahead- makes it very entertaining for us!

I think it's very very stupid that in the time of smart phones and go pro cameras, I still haven't seen a video!!

There might be a video, there is a camera mounted to the hood.
What front axle is that?

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
So I did a little more research on this today and I hear this was the practice jump before the "actually" jump that was going to be filmed with a drone. When the launch happened at the high rate of speed there might have been a bit of panic and the brakes were applied causing a major nosedive and the flying rig to come to an abrupt stop while bounding into the sand. now that's a "Hey ya'll watch this" right there!
I here there was even a call to see if a warranty would cover it. Lol!
Really hope to see a video one day!

I think that about sums it up. All that centrifugal force has to go somewhere when the brakes are tapped. Flooring the skinny pedal may have kept the flight level, but at that distance and height the landing was probably doomed no matter what.

David1tontj

I think that about sums it up. All that centrifugal force has to go somewhere when the brakes are tapped. Flooring the skinny pedal may have kept the flight level, but at that distance and height the landing was probably doomed no matter what.

In motocross, or motorcycle jumping in general, that technique is used and it works very very well. You can have a bad liftoff and correct it by applying the brakes to bring the nose down, or a panic rev of the engine WILL bring the nose up. It's actually pretty amazing how much it will do, at least on a motorcycle.

Top Bottom