Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this whole isolation plan is that it’s temporary and designed around the premise that everything will eventually go back to normal. Unfortunately, as global trade continues to grow and more people travel internationally, pandemics like this will increase in frequency. It’s no coincidence that small pox, Spanish flu, etc were associated with major conflicts and troop movements. We’ve been dealing with this in the arborist world for decades now. First Dutch Elm disease (from Asia) wiped out the majority of our Elms, then Emerald Ash borer (from Asia) wiped out all of our Ash trees, now spotted lantern fly and Asian long horned beetle (you guessed it, from Asia) are decimating dozens of other species. Each time the USDA attempts to quarantine and each time they are unsuccessful.

China is f’n up the rest of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

China is f’n up the rest of the world.

But in the end, it’s our own fault. Americans as a whole are cheap, China exports cheap shit to us and we buy it continuing the viscous cycle. That includes all the other shit that comes with their goods including Dutch elm disease and rona. It’s to late now, but to stop or slow imports from China and produce more here and in other more responsible countries like Taiwan and Europe, would make a difference or at least create distance/buffer between our countries.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

But in the end, it’s our own fault. Americans as a whole are cheap, China exports cheap shit to us and we buy it continuing the viscous cycle. That includes all the other shit that comes with their goods including Dutch elm disease and rona. It’s to late now, but to stop or slow imports from China and produce more here and in other more responsible countries like Taiwan and Europe, would make a difference or at least create distance/buffer between our countries.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Absolutely. Walmart is one of the biggest offenders of the cheap parade. Remember back in the 80's & 90's Walmart had signs everywhere in their store proclaiming "Made in the USA". Then Sam Walton died and his kids took over and the rest is history. Know how to stop the tidal wave of illegal immigration? Open up manufacturing in Mexico. Give these poor folks a reason to stay in their own country. Sure, Mexico has it's issues but they're not a repressive fucking communist regime. Same thing with Canada. Keep manufacturing in North America. Truck and train is much more cost effective that boats that can take up to a month and then have to go through the customs process. Fuck China and all of their factories.

Did anyone see the french video showing all of the garbage PPE the chicoms so graciously send? The gowns literally fell apart when they tried to put them on. Again: Fuck China.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Walmart is one of the biggest offenders of the cheap parade. Remember back in the 80's & 90's Walmart had signs everywhere in their store proclaiming "Made in the USA". Then Sam Walton died and his kids took over and the rest is history. Know how to stop the tidal wave of illegal immigration? Open up manufacturing in Mexico. Give these poor folks a reason to stay in their own country. Sure, Mexico has it's issues but they're not a repressive fucking communist regime. Same thing with Canada. Keep manufacturing in North America. Truck and train is much more cost effective that boats that can take up to a month and then have to go through the customs process. Fuck China and all of their factories.

Did anyone see the french video showing all of the garbage PPE the chicoms so graciously send? The gowns literally fell apart when they tried to put them on. Again: Fuck China.
Well guess who owns Walmart now

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Walton family still owns over 50%.

Individual stakeholders51.33%
Other institutional16.16%
Mutual fund holders14.77%

I'm in no way sticking up for that group of assholes by the way.....
I'm not either I only go to Walmart when I have to. But one of the employees at the store by my house said last year that China owned Walmart

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Walton family still owns over 50%.

Individual stakeholders51.33%
Other institutional16.16%
Mutual fund holders14.77%

I'm in no way sticking up for that group of assholes by the way.....
I am not a fan of walmart, Sam's club or anything Waltons.
I happily pay higher prices at other stores.
Sure I'm glad they employ the elderly and special needs. In my opinion that doesnt make up for the major dis service they do to every community.
In my opinion walmart is no better than the dollar stores that pop up selling people crap products from china.that dont last.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I saw that, total joke.

The only way it will change is on the government level, people just do care enough to be smart about their purchases. As long as the have their cheap big ass tv and kids if a pile of cheap toys to appease them so they can what their big as tv they don’t care. The only President in our short history to have the balls to make that change is Trump. Hope this whole disaster gives them the drive to make this change. I’ve talked a length about that with a US rep that’s a friend/client of mine. But there’s no chance that push would come thru Congress.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

The only way it will change is on the government level, people just do care enough to be smart about their purchases. As long as the have their cheap big ass tv and kids if a pile of cheap toys to appease them so they can what their big as tv they don’t care. The only President in our short history to have the balls to make that change is Trump. Hope this whole disaster gives them the drive to make this change. I’ve talked a length about that with a US rep that’s a friend/client of mine. But there’s no chance that push would come thru Congress.

What is it that you want the government to do exactly?

What is it that you want the government to do exactly?

Direct trade agreements to countries with our best interests in mind. Make this country a profitable location to own, operate, and produce goods that are first essential to the safety and security of this nation, then the mass production of goods that are regularly purchased across this country. Penalize companies that move the production of goods, IT, and intellectual property overseas to countries that are not in line with core values and better yet, keep and move those products and services here state side by way incentives. That would be a start in my opinion.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom