Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJCO

Meme King
Our wonderful governor just banned gatherings of 10 people or more. Last I checked, it was a Constitutional right to be able to gather and protest. :naw:

Yep. Congress shall make NO law against it.

The United States Constitution explicitly provides for ' the right of the people peaceably to assemble , and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances' in the First Amendment.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. Congress shall make NO law against it.

The United States Constitution explicitly provides for ' the right of the people peaceably to assemble , and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances' in the First Amendment.

Welp, so much for that :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And, while we're on the subject of freedoms, I have to say that it really bugs me to no end that anyone here in America would get all butthurt over anyone saying where this fuckin virus came from. If the COMMUNIST Chinese government knew about the outbreak before they told the WHO and tried to cover it up as it really does look like is the case, this whole thing should really be considered a crime against humanity. But no, people shouldn't be allowed to say where this virus CAME FROM because it's somehow "racist". :naw:

A.J.

Not to mention that those chink bastards tried to cover it up by giving it a Mexican name.

(I hope everyone caught the sarcasm of a very racist comment) [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I just got a very professional and well-made postcard in the mail about Trump's recommendations to fight Coronavirus. Wonder how much they spent on those sending them out to millions of Americans?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
My damned dentist just canceled my appointment, and I have a temporary crown in my mouth. It has been in there 3 weeks. I wonder how long it will last?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That sucks... I have a temp in also but have an appointment this afternoon. I wonder why some will cancel and others don’t?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just got a very professional and well-made postcard in the mail about Trump's recommendations to fight Coronavirus. Wonder how much they spent on those sending them out to millions of Americans?

To be fair, mailers like that help keep a lot of people employed and typically, they're printed at union shops. Not saying that I'm happy with it but given the circumstances, I'd rather be paying for people to work than to sit at home.

WJCO

Meme King
To be fair, mailers like that help keep a lot of people employed and typically, they're printed at union shops. Not saying that I'm happy with it but given the circumstances, I'd rather be paying for people to work than to sit at home.

Good point and agreed.

duktrx

That sucks... I have a temp in also but have an appointment this afternoon. I wonder why some will cancel and others don’t?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
I have two friends, husband and wife, both dentists who were ordered to close their practices, to save PPE. They anticipate being closed till July, unsure about their financial future. They planned on selling their practices in 2 years to retire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Anyone self quarantined?

I have some dentist clients. The American Dental Association recommended stopping all but emergency dental services and services truly necessary for the health of the patient about one week before most of the lockdown/shelter in place orders were issued by Governors. Some practices followed the recommendation, others did not. Most good practices already wear masks that are a level above the simple N95 masks, but the reality is they are still putting their hands and faces within a foot or two of a cesspool (your mouth). Those practices that did not follow the ADA recommendation are definitely putting their nuts out to potentially get chopped off.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
A few of our local stores are doing the sneeze guard thing. This one decided to have a little fun with it.

thumbnail_KIMG0181.jpg

TheGrendel

I have two friends, husband and wife, both dentists who were ordered to close their practices, to save PPE. They anticipate being closed till July, unsure about their financial future. They planned on selling their practices in 2 years to retire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

a guy i know just started his practice 2 years ago. he's been forced to close. he's fortunate that he has worked a deal with his bankers to defer for a few months. but, a lot of professionals in "recession proof" business are going to go under. :grayno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom