Anyone wheeling Washington

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Sounds great folks. Also, is it required to have a radio of some sort? I don’t have anything in the jeep and just have a couple handheld motorolas.

I’ve been looking in CBs recently though as I think it may be necessary if I’m going to be involved in group activities.

I don’t really know much about them. I do have a dual band vhf/uhf radio, but really have no idea how to use it, so it’s mostly useless to me and can’t talk to cbs with it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sometimes I bring out some handheld radios but not usually. I do have a CB. I mostly use them on road trips with other people. They are nice to have though. You will need a Discover Pass. Can be purchased at most stores like Walmart, Fredmeyers or Safeway.

prionic1

ok, I’ll see what I can do about a cb... probably not this soon, if not I’ll have a couple hand helds with me.

I have a discover pass. I get one of those and a nw forest pass each year, so gtg there.

Last edited:

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
No cb for me but I might pick up a handheld. I think my forest pass is still good from last year

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

prionic1

The year pass isn't too expensive and means I can hit wabdr sometime this year

Ah man, yeah I’m looking forward to that trail. I want to do the whole thing at once. Hopefully next year. I’m certainly not ready for that yet.

I’d really like to do some “overland” type of stuff, but it would seem like wabdr is about the only thing we’ve got here that I’m aware of. I guess going up into northern bc canada would have a lot more opportunities for those types of trips.

Last edited:

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Ah man, yeah I’m looking forward to that trail. I want to do the whole thing at once. Hopefully next year. I’m certainly not ready for that yet.

I’d really like to do some “overland” type of stuff, but it would seem like wabdr is about the only thing we’ve got here that I’m aware of. I guess going up into northern bc canada would have a lot more opportunities for those types of trips.

I've been up twice now and I start in Stevenson and go north

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Any particular place or time to meet up for Tahuya on Saturday, Aug 4th?

Let’s do Starbucks in Belfair. It’s in the Safeway parking lot as you come into town. We can ride out from there. I’ll be getting off work at 8 am. So anytime after 9 would work. I only live about 20 minutes away.

prionic1

Let’s do Starbucks in Belfair. It’s in the Safeway parking lot as you come into town. We can ride out from there. I’ll be getting off work at 8 am. So anytime after 9 would work. I only live about 20 minutes away.

Perfect... Looking at Google, it's saying between 1h 5m ~ 1h 25m range for that day in the morning to put me there around 10 am. Give you a breather after work. The range makes sense as anywhere between Federal Way/Fife/Tacoma is a total crap shoot as to what the traffic is like.

I'll shoot to be there at 10. We'll leave at 8:30 am. White pretty much bone stock Rubicon JKU with hopefully a white CB antenna... hope I can have it set up by then and possibly someone will know how to use it, lol. I'll have hand helds (FRS/GMRS) too in case mine doesn't work or if somebody else doesn't have anything.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Perfect... Looking at Google, it's saying between 1h 5m ~ 1h 25m range for that day in the morning to put me there around 10 am. Give you a breather after work. The range makes sense as anywhere between Federal Way/Fife/Tacoma is a total crap shoot as to what the traffic is like.

I'll shoot to be there at 10. We'll leave at 8:30 am. White pretty much bone stock Rubicon JKU with hopefully a white CB antenna... hope I can have it set up by then and possibly someone will know how to use it, lol. I'll have hand helds (FRS/GMRS) too in case mine doesn't work or if somebody else doesn't have anything.

Sounds good to me. Red JKU with a couple mods. I’ll bring my CB and handhelds.

Brute

Hooked
I would have liked to have joined you guys, but I get on the road that morning to head down to South Lake Tahoe to run the Rubicon & Fordyce...maybe when I get back I'd be up for hitting a local trail?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I would have liked to have joined you guys, but I get on the road that morning to head down to South Lake Tahoe to run the Rubicon & Fordyce...maybe when I get back I'd be up for hitting a local trail?

I had planned on the Rubicon this year but work got in the way. Have fun!

Top Bottom