Apex Autolynx sway bar disconnect

rustyrussell

I have been thinking about getting these for my Jeep JT but have not seen anyone do a long term test. It makes me wonder why and if I should stay away from them. I like the ease of use and flex that they should provide. Any thoughts or experiences with them would be appreciated. 1000002506.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it weren't for the fact that I have a Rubicon e-disco on all my Jeeps, I might be interested in testing these out. But, it'd be hard for me to give up what I have now as I love it. That said, I have to say, I am kind of surprised that I haven't seen any long term testing on these.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I have zero experience with them but from what I can gather they seem like an overly complex disconnect for a lot more money. I'm curious how well the locking mechanism would hold up to mud water and salt. What I can tell you is that my Synergy's have never failed to disconnect or reconnect and for the price of the Apex they better work 100% of the time.

We had a Jeep come in with these and after installing a lift, we had to adjust the length. Maybe it was because they were on the vehicle but man they were kind of a pain to adjust, mainly dealing with the small snap rings.

Not a huge deal by any means but just my only observation. Other than that, should work just fine and certainly easy to “disconnect”.

rustyrussell

If it weren't for the fact that I have a Rubicon e-disco on all my Jeeps, I might be interested in testing these out. But, it'd be hard for me to give up what I have now as I love it. That said, I have to say, I am kind of surprised that I haven't seen any long term testing on these.
Thank you for your feedback. Maybe I will buy them and do a long term test. Being in South Florida it is a pretty harsh environment for them to be tested in.

rustyrussell

Do you even have trails where these would be needed in South Florida?
Not really in South Florida more in North Florida. The Florida Adventure Trail is pretty mild compared to what I have seen in Arizona when we lived there. We were in San tan Valley and would go to the mountains on the weekends.

Breer

Caught the Bug
Also was surprised by this. I have been on the hunt for a jk Rubicon sway bar for a few months for my build and while I still have a few more months to go, I have been looking really hard at these things Incase I can't find the e-disco.

They do seem to be really easy to use though, traveling with the family I need things to be as simple as possible sometimes.

I’ve been running mine hard for 2 years now and I can say they are very very convenient. If you don’t already have a rubicon swaybar, they are absolutely worth a look. They don’t hinder articulation and they are super tough. I was skeptical at first and thought they might bend or snap but, they’ve held up great. Easy to use and easy to install. Very happy with them. Not cheap but, I’d buy them again in a second. I should not that you MUST run a sport swaybar with them so, if you already have a rubicon swaybar, there’s really no point.
6A9A557A-E05E-400A-A2BE-70238E96CE13.jpeg FBC3D9A1-A852-43D4-BDE2-5F4B611CBE01.jpeg C16B78BF-7D9F-471F-B4E9-94A53158E0F3.jpeg

I have zero experience with them but from what I can gather they seem like an overly complex disconnect for a lot more money. I'm curious how well the locking mechanism would hold up to mud water and salt. What I can tell you is that my Synergy's have never failed to disconnect or reconnect and for the price of the Apex they better work 100% of the time.
Being in Utah I can tell you the salt how here is nasty and, they’ve held up great. Zero issues in 2 years and roughly 40,000 miles. There is nothing complex about them. Turn the knobs to unlock. Turn them to lock and drive away. Don’t even need to be on even ground. Super simple. And tough as nails. I’ve beat the absolute shit out of them.

rustyrussell

I’ve been running mine hard for 2 years now and I can say they are very very convenient. If you don’t already have a rubicon swaybar, they are absolutely worth a look. They don’t hinder articulation and they are super tough. I was skeptical at first and thought they might bend or snap but, they’ve held up great. Easy to use and easy to install. Very happy with them. Not cheap but, I’d buy them again in a second. I should not that you MUST run a sport swaybar with them so, if you already have a rubicon swaybar, there’s really no point.
View attachment 393299 View attachment 393300 View attachment 393301
Thank you for your reply. I do have a sport.

I would imagine the price point keeps most people away considering there are much cheaper options in discos.
This is a good point and they’re not cheap. I got in on the pre-order and still paid $400 but, it’s cheaper than buying a used Rubicon swaybar and an EVO no limits (at least where I live) worth noting though, you MUST run a sport sway bar as the rubicon swaybar is too narrow and the knobs won’t clear.

We had a Jeep come in with these and after installing a lift, we had to adjust the length. Maybe it was because they were on the vehicle but man they were kind of a pain to adjust, mainly dealing with the small snap rings.

Not a huge deal by any means but just my only observation. Other than that, should work just fine and certainly easy to “disconnect”.
Yuh, the snap rings are dicks to remove so it’s best to adjust them for more that what you think you’ll need. I just set mine to their max and sent it.

JimLee

Hooked
I've got a Sport swaybar laying around if anyone needs one, I can't use the Apex, too much travel for their 10.5" stroke ones. But, as previous posted, unless you have a broken Rubicon sway bar disconnect there's really no reason to switch, and even then the manual Rubicon disconnect made by Evo would probably be a better and easier route to go.

I've got a Sport swaybar laying around if anyone needs one, I can't use the Apex, too much travel for their 10.5" stroke ones. But, as previous posted, unless you have a broken Rubicon sway bar disconnect there's really no reason to switch, and even then the manual Rubicon disconnect made by Evo would probably be a better and easier route to go.
All of this^^^

Jsouder53

Hooked
Being in Utah I can tell you the salt how here is nasty and, they’ve held up great. Zero issues in 2 years and roughly 40,000 miles. There is nothing complex about them. Turn the knobs to unlock. Turn them to lock and drive away. Don’t even need to be on even ground. Super simple. And tough as nails. I’ve beat the absolute shit out of them.
I might have to give these a look in the future. Thanks for the review! I was skeptical seeing them at first too.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I just noticed your post and looked it up, this would limit coilovers which is my plan in the future.

Top Bottom