ARB Fridges ?

WJCO

Meme King
I talked to the ARB guy at the vendor show on n Moab...I asked him if they would think about a fridge replacement for the center console for JK's; a small top section like the current center console for air down stuff etc, and a small fridge for several bottles of water, a sandwich and a couple tangerines (my std trail meal)...he said they're thinking about it. I'd buy three today...

I thought about building something like this but couldn't find a small enough quality fridge. At least one manufacture offers a factory fridge in this location. I think it's land rover but can't remember for sure.

dwvninety

I thought about building something like this but couldn't find a small enough quality fridge. At least one manufacture offers a factory fridge in this location. I think it's land rover but can't remember for sure.

Yup it's Land Rover. I had one on my last truck.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Is there a slider for a 50qt ARB fridge that you guys recommend that is cheaper than the ARB one? I seen it 350 and that seems like a lot of money just to have it move forward. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Get the dometic one it's 180 on Amazon... not sure if it's linked through here in the Amazon links or not but should be if it isn't...have mine on it can shoot ya a pic in the am if ya want

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Is there a slider for a 50qt ARB fridge that you guys recommend that is cheaper than the ARB one? I seen it 350 and that seems like a lot of money just to have it move forward. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

There is another company that makes one I think it’s like $180 or so. JAGS has it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup. Dometic. It’s just a little bit wider than the ARB model. But half the price and very sturdy. You can see several pics here. Along with a security deck I made for it to sit on.

DIY JK Trunk deck and security enclosure
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=45451

Ddays

Hooked
Don't mean to shit on the ARB fridge thread, but has anyone tried the Dometic fridges or have any experience with them? I was looking at their slide on Amazon and ended up checking out their fridges too. Frankly, the reviews on them are as good as the ARB version. And they're $100 cheaper - that'd pay for half of the slide. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

WJCO

Meme King
For any of you thinking about getting one, here's another example of the convenience. We're running a couple trails on Sunday and this thing is already packed. The fridge will just sit in the garage plugged in until Sunday morning. Once we're ready to roll out, just throw it in the Jeep and go. We've got drinks, meals, snacks, etc already set up. As many of others have stated 'wish I had done this sooner.' Funny that I started this thread with questions, and now I'm trying to talk others into getting one, lol.

0427181906.jpg

boardsurfer

Plastic forks need no chillin [emoji41][emoji106] Cant talk her into this one. Tried but failed miserably.....Even with this perfect example of convenience!!!!

The plastic forks saved my ass yesterday. :D First trail of the year and I was bound to forget something. At least it was a fork for lunch and not something like my compressor hose. haha!

WJCO

Meme King
memecrunch.com_.png

Billy Mays here. For those of you on the fence...We had some plans cancel last minute and decided to run a few trails. We had a couple other errands to run also. So we threw the fridge in the Jeep and went to the store for milk, eggs, etc first. Then we ran three trails. We were tired when we got home and now, 3 hours later, our groceries are still in the Jeep ;)

TrailHunter

Hooked
View attachment 305135

Billy Mays here. For those of you on the fence...We had some plans cancel last minute and decided to run a few trails. We had a couple other errands to run also. So we threw the fridge in the Jeep and went to the store for milk, eggs, etc first. Then we ran three trails. We were tired when we got home and now, 3 hours later, our groceries are still in the Jeep ;)

Sold!! I’ll take One!!!! And some of that OxiClean... [emoji1417]

uberc4

I pulled the trigger on the ARB 50QT when it was on sale... The fridge is becoming one of my favorite purchases. I don’t have to buy or hear ice sloshing around anymore!

benatc1

Hooked
im certain that I missed it as i only skimmed though about the half this thread to be honest, but is the transit bag worth it? about the pull the trigger on one of these

thanks for the feedback, I was actually thinking more for insulation and didn't consider that it would get beat up but good to know. I don't want to spend all the money on the fridge and get i torn up, so may be worth it

I thought you already had a fridge. Just wait till arb offers a transit bag with a purchase of a new fridge. I waited for a 10 or 20% off from the store and arb rebate for a transit bag. ARB offers it a couple times a year.

benatc1

Hooked
I thought you already had a fridge. Just wait till arb offers a transit bag with a purchase of a new fridge. I waited for a 10 or 20% off from the store and arb rebate for a transit bag. ARB offers it a couple times a year.

unfortunately not, I've seen that deal a few times before, I kinda want it now cause I'm going to run it in my truck and for my Jeep. I drive my truck about 500 miles a week for work and am always on the go in and out of facilities, with the summer heat the cooler has become about useless and cumbersome. if the damn thing wasn't 130$ i wouldn't care. can always get it later too i suppose

unfortunately not, I've seen that deal a few times before, I kinda want it now cause I'm going to run it in my truck and for my Jeep. I drive my truck about 500 miles a week for work and am always on the go in and out of facilities, with the summer heat the cooler has become about useless and cumbersome. if the damn thing wasn't 130$ i wouldn't care. can always get it later too i suppose

I hear you. They are very convenient.
We use the hell out of ours. Mainly grocery runs. For work I use a Yeti.

Top Bottom