ARB Fridges ?

WJCO

Meme King
As a testament to ARB, I haven't shut mine down in over 6 months. It is I my daily driver, so I am constantly replenishing the battery by driving, but I do occasionally put the battery on a charger. It has never left me stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I quoted the wrong post, but see post #36. Mine is always on with a optima.

Mine is locked in the Jeep and running 24/7 all summer long. When I get home each night, I just plug an extension cord in to take the load off the vehicle. I keep water, tea, and Gatorade in it all week (helps with all of the sports my kids do). Sometimes I even keep fresh food so I can make lunch or breakfast at work during the week.

Like others have said, it's one of the best purchases I have made.

Dang. That's some serious usage.

You're totally "that guy" at soccer practice :)

Wow. I didn't realize that you could just leave them on like that. This thing is getting pretty appealing. Especially for how often we go up in the mountains even for a few hours and always take a snack or picnic meal.

Journeyman

I can tell you from first hand experience that I would not rely solely on the fridge to keep your battery from draining to the point that it will not start.

If it is at your house use the 110 plug. If you are in the field start your vehicle every day or so.

My $0.02.

I do solely rely on this feature and it has never let me down. I did upgrade my battery to an deep cycle odyssey. This feature is one of the reasons I made this purchase. But I do not leave it plugged in for days without starting the vehicle.

Andy5160

Hooked
Wow. I didn't realize that you could just leave them on like that. This thing is getting pretty appealing. Especially for how often we go up in the mountains even for a few hours and always take a snack or picnic meal.

I was about to ask but here is the answer i wanted to hear. On the wish list it goes!

MTG

Caught the Bug
I do solely rely on this feature and it has never let me down.

But I do not leave it plugged in for days without starting the vehicle.

Which is what I said to do. And it seems like you DO NOT "solely rely" on that feature.

I've seen two batteries in two different vehicles go completely dead (not my jeep's deep cycle). I'm just saying I would not rely on the shut off feature of the ARB alone. YMMV

Jackal01

I do solely rely on this feature and it has never let me down. But I do not leave it plugged in for days without starting the vehicle.

It is either solely relying on voltage protection to protect the battery or using another means to keep the battery charged other than the jeep itself.

20170629_135421%7E2.jpg

Journeyman

Which is what I said to do. And it seems like you DO NOT "solely rely" on that feature.

I've seen two batteries in two different vehicles go completely dead (not my jeep's deep cycle). I'm just saying I would not rely on the shut off feature of the ARB alone. YMMV

Lol. I run the vehicle so the fridge doesn't shut and keeps the cooler cold. But I have a 100% confidence that it will not drain my battery. Used this feature many times. Obviously the batteries need to charge some how, otherwise there's no point and this conversation would about yeti or whatever else the competition is and not about 12/110 volt powered fridge freezers.

Flat Top

I hate reading threads like this. :grayno: Do I REALLY NEED an ARB fridge?? Not sure but now I REALLY WANT ONE! :doh:

Jackal01

I hate reading threads like this. :grayno: Do I REALLY NEED an ARB fridge?? Not sure but now I REALLY WANT ONE! :doh:
You're in Houston...you need one!! I use mine regularly running around town. Cheaper than the stop and rob for a cold drink.

Ddays

Hooked
No kidding. The convenience factor really keeps motivating me to negate the price tag.

I keep coming up with scenarios where one of these would be perfect. Beer fridge in the garage is one of the better ones I came up with! :thumb:

Jackal01

I keep coming up with scenarios where one of these would be perfect. Beer fridge in the garage is one of the better ones I came up with! :thumb:
Beer fridge in the jeep is the best scenario. I will admit I always grab a beer from it when I do yard work, jeep work, anything outside really.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Yup love mine used it a few weekends ago put some food in there for 8 people camping and some beer took some planning but it worked. Although we did have a separate ice chest for most of the drinks. But kept the food in the fridge. Plus best part no water logged food. And kept my frozen potatoes somewhat frozen lol I just wish I bought it a lot sooner best investment I've made for my Jeep so far.

WJCO

Meme King
Beer fridge in the jeep is the best scenario. I will admit I always grab a beer from it when I do yard work, jeep work, anything outside really.

That settles it for me. Getting one for sure.

WIFE: Where are you going?
ME: Just out to the Jeep. I need to look at something real quick.

3 hours later...............

Jackal01

That settles it for me. Getting one for sure.

WIFE: Where are you going?
ME: Just out to the Jeep. I need to look at something real quick.

3 hours later...............
Happens everytime.

Honestly the wife thought it was dumb at first. She scoffed at it even. After the first camping trip when we had more room for food and drinks she was on-board 100% and now makes sure her drinks and snacks are in there at all times.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I think the point everyone is glossing over is how many beers can you fit into one of these things? Let's get our priorities straight please.

Jackal01

I think the point everyone is glossing over is how many beers can you fit into one of these things? Let's get our priorities straight please.

You can fit all the beer in there!

It seriously holds a lot. I think I have 12 sodas, 8 beers, 3 large nalgenes with water, 2 small nalgenes with water, a couple sport drinks, 2 750ml of whiskeys. The small compartment in the back has lunchables, couple candy bars and a thing of baking soda to keep it fresh. Also, fridge is nice to keep leftover food smells down after going out. I hate food smells when I'm not eating especially in cars.

Top Bottom