ARB Fridges ?

Basscat

So we've been talking about getting an ARB fridge. Only 2 concerns, they aren't cheap and they take up space. Is it really worth it for those of you who have one? And is it worth getting a 37 qt to save space? We have 3 kids, so my gut is to go with the 50qt. But I don't want to give up gear space.

Other questions. Does this just plug into the rear 12v power source or is heavier wiring needed? If we don't want to build/buy a slide, can it just be picked up while fully loaded or is it too heavy?

Best investment once you have one and realize what you've been missing. 50qt. Plug in or hard wire. Definitely worth it. Can get heavy fully loaded (depending on what's in it) but can still be moved / carried. Fairly light when empty (50 lbs or so).

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jeep670

I shed a tear when I paid for mine, pricewise, but it"s still the best investment and the most useful accesory I bought for the jeep.

I keep mine plugged in the always-on 12V port in the armrest. Works with no issues.

Last edited:

Crushcon

We have 50 quart and love it. Have used it for the best 4 years. Had a problem with the plug and the latch for the lid ARB replaced both without any questions. [emoji1360]

Dennis from iPad

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I've the 50 in my JKUR and love it. Run it 24/7, but I do have a dual deep cycle setup. Would purchase again in a heartbeat.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I'm all about Dual Purpose.... Garage & Jeep Beer fridge! Great idea! Always used either way....

"...Because it does 2 things honey, that's why...... did you get your hair done? .... it looks Really Good!... wanna cold beer?"

(Just practicing)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dwvninety

If I was to purchase another portable fridge I would definitely look into National Luna, the ARB is awesome, but if you need a freezer if you are camping for a week or two without provisioning and need to keep your food frozen the National Luna would in my opinion serve to be a better choice.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
If I was to purchase another portable fridge I would definitely look into National Luna, the ARB is awesome, but if you need a freezer if you are camping for a week or two without provisioning and need to keep your food frozen the National Luna would in my opinion serve to be a better choice.
I run mine down about 18-20 freezes bottom items while those topside dont fully freeze .and the little cubby in back doesnt freeze .. or at least hasnt yet .. found setting about 23 -25 will semi freeze things on bottom an against sides while still not fully doing so ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I run mine down about 18-20 freezes bottom items while those topside dont fully freeze .and the little cubby in back doesnt freeze .. or at least hasnt yet .. found setting about 23 -25 will semi freeze things on bottom an against sides while still not fully doing so ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Have you calibrated the fridge? I keep a thermometer in mine. If I have the fridge set to 32, liquids in the bottom center compartment freeze.

rubicon91

I love my ARB 50qt. I also got it for a price I could not say no to. With that said I would also really like to have a freezer option as well but the price of the National Luna or even the Snomaster is hard to deal with. I have been hoping to find a ARB 37 qt used that I could put in the trailer and utilize for a freezer. Ice Cream sounds so great at camp on a hot day! :D I have my 50 qt in the rear of my Jeep and use it all the time. Beach, camping, even going to grocery store at lunch while at work beer will be nice and cold come 5 when I get off on those days.

I don't mean to hijack this post but has anyone had experience with the Black Forest gear fridge/ freezer? They have a 30% off deal right now which makes it come out to about $630 brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rb1boxer_3

I love my ARB 50qt. I also got it for a price I could not say no to. With that said I would also really like to have a freezer option as well but the price of the National Luna or even the Snomaster is hard to deal with. I have been hoping to find a ARB 37 qt used that I could put in the trailer and utilize for a freezer. Ice Cream sounds so great at camp on a hot day! :D I have my 50 qt in the rear of my Jeep and use it all the time. Beach, camping, even going to grocery store at lunch while at work beer will be nice and cold come 5 when I get off on those days.
Some guy in Austin Craigslist has one for sale brand new for 600.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Onefin

I've had my ARB 50 for several years.
My wife initially balked at the price, but has come to find it very useful for grocery shopping and bringing milk and cold food for our 5 year old kid, especially when she was an infant.

I've run my off the jeep JKU plug in back without issues, and also in sprinter van with dual AGM house batteries. I'm not ready to commit to dual batteries on the jeep quite yet, so I just make sure to run the jeep daily.
A separate cooler with ice for more frequently accessed campfire beverages does wonders for space saving and temperature maintenance in the ARB.

Engel makes a nice fridge as well, and is having a decent sale on their official website. https://www.engelcoolers.com/12volt-fridge-freezers.html looks like around $600+ for an equivalent to an ARB 50. Their sizes are different than ARB. They've always had good reviews.
I'd assume they are in the process of updating their model line as well.

I paid $700 shipped for my ARB three years ago, I'd probably consider the engel for a few hundred less. I'd likely not want to spend almost $900 for another ARB. National Luna is just too much money for my usage.
I bought a brand new ARB slide for $150 on CL, they come up more frequently than you'd think.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for all the feedback. I saw one in person today and it doesn't take up near as much space as I thought. So we will likely be getting one.

Top Bottom