ARB Fridges ?

What are you guys doing for mounting? Looks like all of the options are more for temporary strapping down, is there a way to permanently and securely mount it to deter theft? I know this is a very variable question but how long can you leave it on without starting your jeep before it depletes the battery down to 10v and turns off?

SDG

Caught the Bug
What are you guys doing for mounting? Looks like all of the options are more for temporary strapping down, is there a way to permanently and securely mount it to deter theft? I know this is a very variable question but how long can you leave it on without starting your jeep before it depletes the battery down to 10v and turns off?
Can't answer the time question...

But the ARB slide, has bolt holes on the bottom of the mount where you can screw it into the frame and the bottom of the fridge... and then bolt the slide down... so unless someone has 5 min and the correct hex driver... it's not coming out.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Have had 48 bottles while keeping the little topside space with some small food items .. still had room for about 6 more possibly .... laying em flat alternating each row in a top to bottom manner .... as for draw on the battery i plug it in while home just run a ext. cord out to the jeep .. to secure it just use a good bike cable lock ran through the rear seat attachment points and around the handle on the back side

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Slight derail...WJCO, I can start a different thread for the question if you don't want it here.

All good. Post away.

As to the question at hand, the fridge is a must have option. Hands down the best "mod" you can do. :rock:

Edit: Go with the 50L model with 3 kids...at a minimum.

Already purchased the 50. Thanks for the confirmation.

aTX427

If you read through the whole thread, you'll see tons of reasons listed, which is why we went with one sooner than later. Ours is already going strong in the garage and the wife is trying to take it over with her stuff. I've tried explaining to her that it's only for beer when it's at home. .

Sounds like some good reading for this weekend. :thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I like the thought of one, but you better make sure your deck is strong because the leveraged load is going to be substantial.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I like the thought of one, but you better make sure your deck is strong because the leveraged load is going to be substantial.

Oh my deck is strong...real strong. ;)

Agreed. Especially with nothing supporting the weight in the front.

There are several drop down versions as well, but they cost $800+

My goal is to maximize the storage space under the deck, but I still need to access the fridge. With the taller jeep, that seems like it might be a problem. I'd like to avoid adding a step stool to the list of things to take.

JAGS

Hooked

My goal is to maximize the storage space under the deck, but I still need to access the fridge. With the taller jeep, that seems like it might be a problem. I'd like to avoid adding a step stool to the list of things to take.

Just dropped coin on a built, er bought, Jeep and your worried about $800 for the drop down fridge slide?? [emoji6]

I'd go with the collapsible step stool. But I'm a short, cheap guy. Lol.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just dropped coin on a built, er bought, Jeep and your worried about $800 for the drop down fridge slide?? [emoji6]

I'd go with the collapsible step stool. But I'm a short, cheap guy. Lol.

LOL! :cheesy:

Go back to drinking MikeTai's (not JasonTai's because you can't copy me on EVERYTHING) off your lanai.

And no...if the drop down works best I'll buy it, just seems like a lot of hardware to get in the way. :idontknow:

You are short, but you're not cheap...4+ weeks of vacation already this year and you rent a jeep in Hawaii? #moneytoburn ;)

JAGS

Hooked
LOL! :cheesy:

Go back to drinking MikeTai's (not JasonTai's because you can't copy me on EVERYTHING) off your lanai.

And no...if the drop down works best I'll buy it, just seems like a lot of hardware to get in the way. :idontknow:

You are short, but you're not cheap...4+ weeks of vacation already this year and you rent a jeep in Hawaii? #moneytoburn ;)

Lol. They are not mike tais as I don't have the dark rum. [emoji22] Those were damn good. I guess mine is more of a Maui Sunset???

The drop down concepts out there are cool, but do seem a bit bulky. I've never seen one in person, which would help.

Brute

Hooked
Lol. They are not mike tais as I don't have the dark rum. [emoji22] Those were damn good. I guess mine is more of a Maui Sunset???

The drop down concepts out there are cool, but do seem a bit bulky. I've never seen one in person, which would help.

Folding two step stool...$19 and takes practically no room...unless you drank 6 mai tai's...then you shouldn't be on a stool...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I'm overwhelmed by the huge response to my question so far. ;)

I'll get things started with this one.

http://ok4wd.com/alu-cab-tilting-fridge-slide-small-medium-fridges

Anybody have something like this? Thoughts on a tilt down slide in general? :idontknow:
Back up and park with a large rock behind you. Looks cool, keeps the Jeep from rolling backwards down the hill too far, and you can crawl on top if it to get in your fridge.

Seriously though, that tilt slide for $450 looks like an expensive bad idea. Just my two cents.

SDG

Caught the Bug

Why not just make storage space on top of the fridge and use a normal slide?

Something like this? And then do drawers next to it.

Screenshot_20170720-090820.jpg

I will admit, the fridge gets high when you have 40's, but I'm probably one of the few who can still see and reach in as I have a built in step stool!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Back up and park with a large rock behind you. Looks cool, keeps the Jeep from rolling backwards down the hill too far, and you can crawl on top if it to get in your fridge.
Sage advice counselor. :thumb:

Seriously though, that tilt slide for $450 looks like an expensive bad idea. Just my two cents.

Why is that? :idontknow:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Why not just make storage space on top of the fridge and use a normal slide?

Something like this? And then do drawers next to it.

I will admit, the fridge gets high when you have 40's, but I'm probably one of the few who can still see and reach in as I have a built in step stool!

I have several ideas that I'm considering, including one similar to what you suggest. Frankly I haven't event tossed the fridge into the new jeep to see where is sits height wise. My wife and I would probably be fine too, just looking to see what other solutions are out there. :yup:

Top Bottom