ARB High Output On-Board Air Compressor Under the Hood JK Installation Write-Up

scull20

That’s why went to the high heat hose cause I️t kept blowing hoses. But yea if I️ air up more than one set of tires with the hood closed it will blow a fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Could you provide some info on the high heat hose? I’ve been looking for a while now for something like that after blowing a hose last year.

Jmo

Could you provide some info on the high heat hose? I’ve been looking for a while now for something like that after blowing a hose last year.

Yes, basically you go to a hose and fitting shop and ask for a flame resistant hose and the appropriate fittings. If you need I can check to see what hose size and fittings I went with.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kampoyj

Helped a friend install the ARB Twin over the weekend. Did the under passenger seat install and it worked out well. A couple of comments for wiring that may be helpful some mentioned in previous posts some maybe not as clear --

Wires to Battery:
1) RED PRIMARY wires to the battery -- The Twin has two heavy gage RED primary wires to battery -- can either find a large eye terminal connector and shove them both into it (just make sure you crimp good so they don't slip) or simply put an eye terminal connector on both and connect both to the battery post.

2) BLACK PRIMARY wires to the battery -- there is a large gage and a small gage black wire, simple put both in the same eye terminal connector (again make sure that they are crimped well and don't slip; connect to negative post on battery.

Wires to/from Switch:
3) Switch Harness connector -- once you have your wires pulled where you want them you will need to insert the four wire set into their connector -- Note that three line up color to color, but the fourth will be a red wire to purple wire in the connector. Straight forward, follow the directions.

4) Switch Connections -- the infamous red/yellow and blue/white wires --- I think what happens with these is we get a bit lazy after spending all the time getting everything else run and installed and we just want to be done :crazyeyes: the two wires are to the switch:
a) Red/Yellow -- the power for the switch feed -- can be run to he battery directly for anytime operation with or without ignition on, we preferred to have the compressor only able to be on when the ignition/ACC in on so connected this to the 12v power source lead in the middle of the dash.
b) Blue/White -- this is to provide the switch with illumination when lights are on like your dash illumination lights (the switch will already light up when turned on to fire up the compressor). If you don't care to have this illuminated at night with the rest of your dash accessory buttons/knobs just tie it along the wire loom and leave it. If you want it to illuminate with the ash when you turn the lights on then you will to locate, as the directions indicate, a Dash Illumination circuit wire. This is where didn't do our homework and weren't sure what to tie into. A number of options depending on where you have the switch...if you're already taping into the 12v power outlet for switch power you have a couple choices while there in the power window cluster or the AC controls cluster -- based on other comments in this thread look for a orange/gray wire to tap into (Others Please Clarify This As May Be Appropriate)

I hope that this is helpful...oh and if you are doing the under-seat mount and decide to go with the "we like to run the wires through the firewall boot" just be patient :eek:

Hey TeamFaust that s great advice- i am right there right now with a new single CKMA12 and i cant get it to come on but like you say after all the work to fix up the cables i too have left the RED-YEL wire unconnected thinking it ll just work - but NO; i am pretty sure this is the reason why the comp wont come on but i want to get some more detail as to your reference behind the dash of the 12 v power source- how does it look and how can i find it- ? i have a 08 2dr jk- i have the driver side trim removed by the door and the only thing is can see is a covered fat wiring loom towards the direction of the dash panel- woudl you have some more inforamtion or pics you can point me to? - if not i can just connect straight to battery with no issue? only one cable to the negative battery terminal and it ll do it?

Top Bottom