Are You Happy with Your EVO Bolt-On Coil Over Springs?

Are you happy with the spring rates that came on your EVO Bolt-On Coil Overs?

• Yes, I am competely satified with the spring rates I got out of the box.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • No. I wish they came with a softer spring rate

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No. I wish they came with a heavier spring rate

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I just looked at the poll and see that there are just as many people who are happy with the spring rates as there are people who don't. Interesting.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow, I just looked at the poll and see that there are just as many people who are happy with the spring rates as there are people who don't. Interesting.

Never realized there was a poll so I updated the results for you [emoji6]

Does anybody have any King shocks they might want to sell?

Looking at upping the rear top 10-200lb to 250lb to take some preload out or 12" lowers 300lb.

BlackDiamond_JKU

Does anybody know the size of the coilover in the double D kit?
The front is a King 2.0, 12" travel, and the rear is a 10" travel right?

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

BlackDiamond_JKU

I'm wanting to stack a 2.5 bypass with them...
Make a sort of DTD

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Does anybody know the size of the coilover in the double D kit?
The front is a King 2.0, 12" travel, and the rear is a 10" travel right?

----------------
2016 JKUR

The DD kit just includes long arms. They are the same coilovers as what's in the standard bolt on kit

BlackDiamond_JKU

The DD kit just includes long arms. They are the same coilovers as what's in the standard bolt on kit

Yeah, I get that. I have the double d Pro kit on my rig. I'm wanting to add 2.5 bypass's with the 2.0 coilovers in the kit. Much like the DTD up front, then sort of like the RK Rock Racer in the rear

Sort of like this in the rear.
But use the coilovers I've already purchased
IMG_0526.jpg

----------------
2016 JKUR

BlackDiamond_JKU

I was asking what size bypass I should run with them

----------------
2016 JKUR

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah, I get that. I have the double d Pro kit on my rig. I'm wanting to add 2.5 bypass's with the 2.0 coilovers in the kit. Much like the DTD up front, then sort of like the RK Rock Racer in the rear

Sort of like this in the rear.
But use the coilovers I've already purchased
View attachment 243092

----------------
2016 JKUR

For the rear you would need to make trailing arms for that to work. I suggest you just look at adding the bypass up front and then add the evo lever in the rear. It uses 8" coilovers to get 14" of travel and that's limited. Would be cheaper than having to make trailing arms and fabricate the RK set up you showed

BlackDiamond_JKU

For the rear you would need to make trailing arms for that to work. I suggest you just look at adding the bypass up front and then add the evo lever in the rear. It uses 8" coilovers to get 14" of travel and that's limited. Would be cheaper than having to make trailing arms and fabricate the RK set up you showed

For the front, all I would have to add is the Evo DTD's 3.0 bypass and mount right?? I'd still use my Evo long arms, and the same 12" coilovers that came with the DD Pro kit?

As for the rear, I'd have to totally swap out everything, I wouldn't be able to use the coilovers I currently have with the lever system correct?

----------------
2016 JKUR

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
For the front, all I would have to add is the Evo DTD's 3.0 bypass and mount right?? I'd still use my Evo long arms, and the same 12" coilovers that came with the DD Pro kit?

As for the rear, I'd have to totally swap out everything, I wouldn't be able to use the coilovers I currently have with the lever system correct?

----------------
2016 JKUR

Correct you need the rear dtd kit they have

BlackDiamond_JKU

Correct you need the rear dtd kit they have

Sweet, okay..that simplifies things some. I didn't realize the front was the same coilover.

Still sucks for the rear, but...if the price is comparable when it's all said and done, nobody can argue that the DTD rear is the best thing on the market for a JKU right now

Appreciated it bro!

----------------
2016 JKUR

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sweet, okay..that simplifies things some. I didn't realize the front was the same coilover.

Still sucks for the rear, but...if the price is comparable when it's all said and done, nobody can argue that the DTD rear is the best thing on the market for a JKU right now

Appreciated it bro!

----------------
2016 JKUR

Not a problem.

Now may I ask why you want to throw the by passes on?

BlackDiamond_JKU

Not a problem.

Now may I ask why you want to throw the by passes on?

I'm building up my rig up to run 40"s
I'm currently awaiting the Hardcore 60/60 set from dynatrac. I'll be upgrading to the PAC Racing springs and AMG sliders during this as well
Front : 250/325
Rear : 275/325
Objective is to run as minimal of pre load as possible.
I'll be on 37's (as I am now on built Rubi 44's)
I'm on the Double D Pro right now, but, in order my next steps are

1. Roll Cage (either bolt in, or custom 🤷*♂️ haven't decided yet)
2. Bypass system, either adding king 2.5 bypass's in a custom set up using my current King 2.0s coilovers or doing the DTD with 3.0 bypass shocks.
Price / ability / need will all factor into this decision
3. Light bars on light bars on light bars
4. Run 40's
5. LS / Hemi swap (I was originally going to do a S/C... but I've decided to run the 3.6 into the ground then swap it)

----------------
2016 JKUR

Last edited:

BlackDiamond_JKU

IMG_0457.JPG

----------------
2016 JKUR

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm building up my rig up to run 40"s
I'm currently awaiting the Hardcore 60/60 set from dynatrac. I'll be upgrading to the PAC Racing springs and AMG sliders during this as well
Front : 250/325
Rear : 275/325
Objective is to run as minimal of pre load as possible.
I'll be on 37's (as I am now on built Rubi 44's)
I'm on the Double D Pro right now, but, in order my next steps are

1. Roll Cage (either bolt in, or custom 🤷*♂️ haven't decided yet)
2. Bypass system, either adding king 2.5 bypass's in a custom set up using my current King 2.0s coilovers or doing the DTD with 3.0 bypass shocks.
Price / ability / need will all factor into this decision
3. Light bars on light bars on light bars
4. Run 40's
5. LS / Hemi swap (I was originally going to do a S/C... but I've decided to run the 3.6 into the ground then swap it)

----------------
2016 JKUR

Ok well honestly the best part about the by pass shocks is that they are great for bombing thru the desert. If your not doing that often then you really don't need them. They don't help ride height, your coilovers control that. Based off your build and where you live my .02 is that you skip the bypass shocks and just run what you have and do all the upgrades you listed

Top Bottom