Are You Happy with Your EVO Bolt-On Coil Over Springs?

Are you happy with the spring rates that came on your EVO Bolt-On Coil Overs?

• Yes, I am competely satified with the spring rates I got out of the box.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • No. I wish they came with a softer spring rate

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No. I wish they came with a heavier spring rate

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters

BlackDiamond_JKU

Ok well honestly the best part about the by pass shocks is that they are great for bombing thru the desert. If your not doing that often then you really don't need them. They don't help ride height, your coilovers control that. Based off your build and where you live my .02 is that you skip the bypass shocks and just run what you have and do all the upgrades you listed

True, but...I kind of do want to have that option, go bomb through the desert at 50-60mph, why, fuck your couch, that's why [emoji23]
In all seriousness, Eddie, and several others were saying in another thread, that the Double D was never really designed to run 40's and 1 tons, too much unsprung weight on those 2.0's I'd assume.
So I figured in the name of "doing it right" I'd add bypasses to the current coilovers I have, instead of running out and getting a whole knew set up (e.g.; the DTD) plus, it would be something unique, which I like for whatever fucking reason. And, I'm thinking I could do it cheaper (maybe) but I'll have to price everything up next week when I get back to the glorious state of Texas and I'm able to talk to my shop.

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

BlackDiamond_JKU

I say screw the bypasses and go straight to the light bars..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 243098

I mean....that's the ultimate goal right?

Light bars are like abs. It doesn't matter how much you squat and deadlift...if you ain't got abs, you ain't shit to a chick [emoji23] e.g.; justin wiener
It doesn't matter how built your rig is, chicks just want big tires, and big light bars

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I mean....that's the ultimate goal right?

Light bars are like abs. It doesn't matter how much you squat and deadlift...if you ain't got abs, you ain't shit to a chick [emoji23] e.g.; justin wiener
It doesn't matter how built your rig is, chicks just want big tires, and big light bars

----------------
2016 JKUR

BlackDiamond_JKU

Yay for deployment monies

LCPL CASH ALL DAMN DAY

#MercLife [emoji23]

----------------
2016 JKUR

I have a 2016 rubicon unlimited, running 37 k02s, jcr rear bumper and sheild carrier, tuffy security deck, poison spyder front and rear flares, brawler rockers, soon to be trail cage. The rear seem to bottom out on the bump stops a bit easy....still running stock springs that came with the c/o's. Any suggestions would be great

BlackDiamond_JKU

I have a 2016 rubicon unlimited, running 37 k02s, jcr rear bumper and sheild carrier, tuffy security deck, poison spyder front and rear flares, brawler rockers, soon to be trail cage. The rear seem to bottom out on the bump stops a bit easy....still running stock springs that came with the c/o's. Any suggestions would be great

PAC Racing Springs

Front : 250/325
Rear : 275/325
That'd be my opinion
I'm ordering them

----------------
2016 JKUR

BlackDiamond_JKU

PAC Racing

Just Ordered my PAC Racing Springs! Going to put these in when I get my new axles in

Front: 250/325

Rear: 275/325

I went with blue for my uppers, and black for the bottom springs. I think it'll look pretty cool.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a nitrogen fill kit? Preferably something on the less expensive side? Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 4.10.36 PM.jpg

tgoss

Just Ordered my PAC Racing Springs! Going to put these in when I get my new axles in

Front: 250/325

Rear: 275/325

I went with blue for my uppers, and black for the bottom springs. I think it'll look pretty cool.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a nitrogen fill kit? Preferably something on the less expensive side? View attachment 243513

This is the exact same spec PAC springs I just ordered yesterday along with AGM sliders.

aermotor

So, some of you guys are spending near $4K on coil overs, only to spend an additional $300-$700 on new springs because they don't come out of the box good for your usage? Good lord. This is scaring me away from coil overs altogether.

My friend got them and the rear was basically worthless when he had any gear loaded in. I think he had to buy the "HD springs" for the rear for another $150 which helped a bit. Can you order them with the different spring rate to begin with instead of having to blow your load after the fact and deal with the hassle of swapping them?

I'm currently running 4" plush coils and King 2.5 adjustables and really enjoy the ride. 3/4" coil spacers up front and 1.5" in the rear, those really help me stay off my bumps, but I still do hit. Would like to get rear air bumps eventually.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, some of you guys are spending near $4K on coil overs, only to spend an additional $300-$700 on new springs because they don't come out of the box good for your usage? Good lord. This is scaring me away from coil overs altogether.

My friend got them and the rear was basically worthless when he had any gear loaded in. I think he had to buy the "HD springs" for the rear for another $150 which helped a bit. Can you order them with the different spring rate to begin with instead of having to blow your load after the fact and deal with the hassle of swapping them?

I'm currently running 4" plush coils and King 2.5 adjustables and really enjoy the ride. 3/4" coil spacers up front and 1.5" in the rear, those really help me stay off my bumps, but I still do hit. Would like to get rear air bumps eventually.

There should be no reason why you couldn't order up a set of bolt on coil overs with the spring rates that you want. Most people just don't know what they want and that's a big part of why I started this thread - to help people like you to know what you 'might' want.

aermotor

Good call. Would you anticipate that would cost significantly more if one ordered them with the different rates, or most likely marginally more?

Blackhawkip

I've been going back and forth on going bolt-on coilovers vs the plush rides. EVO is highly suggesting going coilover and ordering them specific for the weight of my loaded JKU. Drew says it just takes more time but in the end I would have a setup specific for my heavy JK and would be happier. He advised against the plush rides and recommended going with the AEV or RK dual rate spring if I go that route. If I go coilover, I plan to go to the scales and weigh my Jeep loaded and with my Tentrax trailer attached. I know there are scales that breakdown the weight at each corner. With this information, Drew can order the right springs directly from King.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I've been going back and forth on going bolt-on coilovers vs the plush rides. EVO is highly suggesting going coilover and ordering them specific for the weight of my loaded JKU. Drew says it just takes more time but in the end I would have a setup specific for my heavy JK and would be happier. He advised against the plush rides and recommended going with the AEV or RK dual rate spring if I go that route. If I go coilover, I plan to go to the scales and weigh my Jeep loaded and with my Tentrax trailer attached. I know there are scales that breakdown the weight at each corner. With this information, Drew can order the right springs directly from King.

Depending where you live, your corner weight can be a hard thing to find. If you do not already know of a place I suggest calling around local race shops or local guys who race at the tracks. You should be able to find someone willing to help for a few bucks.

aermotor

I imagine your needs are different than mine as you tow a heavy trailer and that's why the are recommending coilovers or different brand springs. Good to know they can order them based on your weight and needs.

aermotor

Mine should be ready this week.

I carry a good amount of weight all the time and when I hit the desert I carry even more, and friends. I went with 250/300 on all four corners and added on compression adjusters. That setup should give me tons of adjustability if I need it. Will report back on my experience.

Bumpdat

Been running the out of the box spring rates. 1.5 inch of preload up front, .75 in the rear. Im guessing my rig is a little heavy? Front bumper w/winch, rear shorty bumper, rear corner armor, rocker armor and sliders, trail cage, tuffy box. Not running heavy fenders though. Everything is really level, rides ok. Don't haul really anything. For the life of me, no matter what I do, I can not keep the front coils from smacking the hell out of the timing ring. The springs I guess bow just slightly to make contact. You think running a lower 300 coil up front might help?

Top Bottom