artec super duty axle conversion kit

jkwebbie

Just got my new axles in. Had Superduty axles built for me with Artec conversion kits and pretty much the best components I could get. These things are pure beef. Reid knuckle, RCVs, ARBs, solid aluminum tierod and draglink, 2.5 ton steering ends, etc. hoping to get these installed in the next week. About 2/3rd the cost of UD60s and not much more than the numbers above.

Photo%20Apr%2006%2C%202%2022%2044%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2006%2C%202%2022%2018%20PM.jpg

Just a disclaimer that I have nothing to do with the company that built these other than being a customer.

I find it funny that after all that work that was put in, you didn't go with high steer lol

BigPrince

I find it funny that after all that work that was put in, you didn't go with high steer lol
I may change that up later when Reid comes out with a driver side knuckle. For now going to try this 1-3/4" tierod first. Figure I don't care if I smash it on a rock or not.

geberhard

Douchebag
One thing to add for those that have built axles already is whatthe market is going for their current stuff. I..e a pair of RUBI built axles (trussed, geared 5.13's, upgraded ball joints, dif cover, sleeved, chromolly, steering, lockers, etc) runs about $4-5K used easily. Add to that if you have 35 or 37" tires and beadlocks for another $1000-2000. In my case I am hoping that selling the axles will help offset the build cost on the one tons. Not everyone needs one tons, and for some overkill or just more weight etc. Aside form putting some time (I enjoy working on my rig and learning about it at the same time).

As far as lockers, the only selectable I am debating getting is the front, and I am still on the fence about that, and may end up just going with a Detroit front and rear. I thought long and hard about going with SD's and they seem like a great deal until you add knuckle machining mods and replacing a unit bearing setup, plus SD specific wheels (smaller amount of options compared to 8X6.5). At the same time 2005 and up and even better 2011 and up SD axles have a lot of beef and can be found with 35 spline inner and outers. The unit bearing cost is about $400 per side on a SD, compared to about $50 in bearings that can be easily obtained off the shelf. My familiarity with Dana 60's and 14 bolt compared to SD's made it a very attractive path in my case, however I would not discount SD axles as they bring the beef :)

Yesterdya I mocked up the 40's next to the Jeep and started salivating to get this done :)

attachment.php

So far on the list:
Axles:
1- Dana 60 Front $1000
2- 14 bolt $200
3- gears, lockers and master install kits - about $1500
4- Artec truss fr and rear $800

Extras (some are optional items):
5- high steer setup (arms and one ton tie-rod and draglink) $500 (note I do not believe Dyna includes the steering components on their setup)
6- Brakes - front - $100 front and rear pads, rotor resurfacing, misc
7- Rear disc brake conversion - $200 - rear bracket from Ruffstuff
8- dif covers - ruffstuff about $150
9- 35 spline outers and joints plus manual hubs - $200

so about $4000 to $4500 so far in parts

iRonin

Update on my buddy's progress, tonight he finally got the rear under the jeep and partially mounted. They need to measure for driveshaft length and square everything up for the upper arm brackets, etc
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461142684.707113.jpg

Top Bottom