059 - iAAjkQ3.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 7
  • cmaper lifted.jpg
    cmaper lifted.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 11
  • camper 2.jpg
    camper 2.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 10
Is there anything on it now besides the motor that you'd change? And if so, what would you like to swap out for what? And would you add a Rubi Crawler or an Atlas? Just curious.

funny thing is, while i would love the change the motor, i'd be pretty happy with just the new 3.6L pentastar. aside from that, just about everything i would have changed has already been changed and, as moby sits right now, i like it a lot. granted, new stuff is always coming out and, my feelings may change in the future. an atlas would be nice but, they are a little more than i can afford right now and, the rubi 4:1 t-case has been working out well for me. oh, and a rubicrawler only works on an auto.

You've got to try the Vortec RIPP SuperCharger rather than changing out Moby's engine. It's like putting a V-8 in the JK. The power and torque is incredible and I'd be willing to bet that even with those big 40's of yours that the difference would be noticable. The problem is the cost. I dropped just shy of $8k on parts and installation, but worth every penny. Another bonus on top of increase fuel economy is no more SuperChip. All you need to worry about is the fat pedal and skinny pedal.

Do you daily drive Moby? What kind of gas mileage do you get of it? My plan is to build for a set of 37s now with the ability to go to 40s down the road, thats why I ask.

Do you do all the work on your jeep like the instalation of the coil over system and skidplates or do you have a shop do it

Do you do all the work on your jeep like the instalation of the coil over system and skidplates or do you have a shop do it

with the exception of work that required welding, we do most of it. off road evolution does the rest.

How come when you installed the new V8 you decided to go with the automatic over keeping the manual

As you may or may not know, we have always wheeled manuals and love it as it is fun but, wheeling an auto is so much easier. It's like the difference between running open and locked up. For the kind of wheeling we will be doing with Moby, it was the better way to go.

funny thing is, while i would love the change the motor, i'd be pretty happy with just the new 3.6L pentastar. aside from that, just about everything i would have changed has already been changed and, as moby sits right now, i like it a lot. granted, new stuff is always coming out and, my feelings may change in the future. an atlas would be nice but, they are a little more than i can afford right now and, the rubi 4:1 t-case has been working out well for me. oh, and a rubicrawler only works on an auto.

This is an amazing rig! Great to hear you love the new 3.6L Pentastar, I just got a new 2014jku with it so I feel pretty good about focusing on all the other mods first! :thumb:

Hi Eddie,

What exhaust are you running with Moby and Rubi?

On Moby he was running the Dynomax Evolution but since the LS swap im not sure if he is still running it. Rubicat is running the Dynomax Evolution as well.

Is there anything on it now besides the motor that you'd change? And if so, what would you like to swap out for what? And would you add a Rubi Crawler or an Atlas? Just curious.

Are you saying that if you had it to do over again you would have gone with the pentastar? How do the two motors compare, I understand they weigh about the same but the output is different. I'm trying to decide

Top Bottom