Article: RubiCAT

You only have to change the Vacuum pump location if you swap out front bumper to one that allows the winch to sit down between the frame...right?

Interested as to why you obtained and built RubiCAT up? You already had Moby, which seems quite a capable offroad.

we need two daily drivers and we love JK's. also, there are lots of times when moby need to take a break or has a break and having a 2nd capable rig allows us to have a plan b.

Which one do you prefer on the trials an automatic or a manual. For functionality and just personal preference, and which one do you think is easier to work on and modify

Which one do you prefer on the trials an automatic or a manual. For functionality and just personal preference, and which one do you think is easier to work on and modify

i've been wheeling a manual forever and so, it's what i know best. however, wheeling an auto is SO MUCH EASIER. in fact, cindy and i joke that it's practically cheating.

What gears are you running? and are they highway long driving friendly? I'm still running stock gears for now. Running same setup but 37 x 13.5 toyo open country.

What gears are you running? and are they highway long driving friendly? I'm still running stock gears for now. Running same setup but 37 x 13.5 toyo open country.

Regearing to something higher would be nice but, I'm still running the factory 4.10's and they are fine for long highway driving.

I have a couple questions. I read that you are running 37" tires on the 4.10 gears. Did you do any power up grades like a tuner/ programmer? How do you like that combo off road. I am asking because I am going to 37' on my 08 JKU Rubicon Automatic. And all I hear is " You have to re- gear". Also I didn't see an axle housing or shaft up grad. Did you up grad them? What do you think of the RVC 44 alxes? They are twice as much as other chrome axles and I am sure they are great. But a lot of Jeeps and other vehicles use the U-joint style. So they can't be so bad? Sorry for asking so many questions, but I am making these up grades soon and I value your opinion. Thanks.

I have a couple questions. I read that you are running 37" tires on the 4.10 gears. Did you do any power up grades like a tuner/ programmer? How do you like that combo off road.

First, you need to know that I have this setup on my 2012 JK and it has the new 3.6L Pentastar motor. Because of this, running 37's on 4.10's is totally doable but, I still wish I could regear it. The only reason why I haven't is because I want to run 60's and would rather hold off until I can do everything at the same time.

I am asking because I am going to 37' on my 08 JKU Rubicon Automatic. And all I hear is " You have to re- gear".

On an 08, you will definitely feel some power loss but, you can mitigate some of that if you make sure to recalibrate your speedometer correctly. Still, on the old 3.8L motor, you could really benefit from a regear.

Also I didn't see an axle housing or shaft up grad. Did you up grad them?

I've installed c-gussets but that's it.

What do you think of the RVC 44 alxes? They are twice as much as other chrome axles and I am sure they are great. But a lot of Jeeps and other vehicles use the U-joint style. So they can't be so bad?

I personally prefer standard chromoly shafts with full circle clips. I have run RCV's in the past and they are nice but, I personally don't think they are worth the significant extra price. Standard chromoly shafts with full circle clips will do the job just fine and with the money you save, you can get a lot of other mods.

First, you need to know that I have this setup on my 2012 JK and it has the new 3.6L Pentastar motor. Because of this, running 37's on 4.10's is totally doable but, I still wish I could regear it. The only reason why I haven't is because I want to run 60's and would rather hold off until I can do everything at the same time.

On an 08, you will definitely feel some power loss but, you can mitigate some of that if you make sure to recalibrate your speedometer correctly. Still, on the old 3.8L motor, you could really benefit from a regear.

I've installed c-gussets but that's it.

I personally prefer standard chromoly shafts with full circle clips. I have run RCV's in the past and they are nice but, I personally don't think they are worth the significant extra price. Standard chromoly shafts with full circle clips will do the job just fine and with the money you save, you can get a lot of other mods.

Awesome Eddie! I understand what you are saying. I don't want to high jack your tread so I'll just say you have helped me make my decision. I think I'll take that extra money from the axles and buy new gears. :) Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions. Hope to see you on the trails some time! :honey:

Hi Eddie and Cindy,

Just wanted to see how you like your Evo Bolt on coilover kit since you've had it on for a while now? I also noticed that they are Kings. Is that what the bolt on's come with or did you request to have them Kings? Anything you guys recommend getting at the same time as the evo bolt on kit? Currently rocking 37's with a cheap 4" lift which is now sagging and plan on removing permanently. Trying to go with better quality this time around.

Keep up the great work... You guys rock!!!

Hi Eddie and Cindy,

Just wanted to see how you like your Evo Bolt on coilover kit since you've had it on for a while now? I also noticed that they are Kings. Is that what the bolt on's come with or did you request to have them Kings? Anything you guys recommend getting at the same time as the evo bolt on kit? Currently rocking 37's with a cheap 4" lift which is now sagging and plan on removing permanently. Trying to go with better quality this time around.

Keep up the great work... You guys rock!!!

The EVO bolt on coil over kit is awesome and we love it. EVO uses Kings with their setup and I think you would find them to work exceptionally well.

we need two daily drivers and we love JK's. also, there are lots of times when moby need to take a break or has a break and having a 2nd capable rig allows us to have a plan b.

Do you run your bead locks all the time? Have you ever had any safety or liability concerns? Everything I have read recommends against it, so I am curious since you say these are your daily drivers.

If i read correctly, i understand you want to put 60 axles on rubicat? With everything that you've done to your jk plus the addition of 60's will the pentastar 3.6L be able to handle all the extra weight? If not what performance mods will you be making?

Top Bottom