ATX756 Slab Threaded Inserts

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
The bolts mine came with are not stainless. I did find stainless at the hardware. These were about $2 apiece, so you are in for a large expense.

I had one wheel that only came with the black set. Called up Drew and he had Wheel Pro's ship out an extra set of stainless at no cost. Might want to try that if you haven't already eaten the cost.

FLKEYSJK

The bolts mine came with are not stainless. I did find stainless at the hardware. These were about $2 apiece, so you are in for a large expense.

Do you happen to know the size of them? I'm about to head to Home Depot to get some stuff and I'd like to check while I'm there.

FLKEYSJK

I think the inserts.

So the bolt that the inserts accept is 3/8? I might just wait till the wheels come in unless I can find out for sure. EDIT- I read somewhere that the bolt size is 3/8-16 but how long are the bolts?

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
So the bolt that the inserts accept is 3/8? I might just wait till the wheels come in unless I can find out for sure. EDIT- I read somewhere that the bolt size is 3/8-16 but how long are the bolts?

Sorry, I may have gave you bogus info. For some reason I wanted to say 5/16 but now that I think about it 3/8 is probably more like it so I can't be sure. I could measure the bolts for you when I get home but that won't be for about 12 hours. Length is definitely going to be important so the bolt doesn't contact the inner part of the wheel.

Your wheels may also come with the stainless bolts so I would hold off until the come in anyhow.

FLKEYSJK

Sorry, I may have gave you bogus info. For some reason I wanted to say 5/16 but now that I think about it 3/8 is probably more like it so I can't be sure. I could measure the bolts for you when I get home but that won't be for about 12 hours. Length is definitely going to be important so the bolt doesn't contact the inner part of the wheel.

Your wheels may also come with the stainless bolts so I would hold off until the come in anyhow.

Thanks, it would be great if you could measure them. I'm definitely going to hold off at $3.38 a bolt! I believe these are the right ones ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466519892.954586.jpg

colo dean

I just got my set of slabs. The bolts that came with them are 1 1/2" long.

I do have a question for you all, when installing the bolts, do you install dry or do you recommend anti-seize?

FLKEYSJK

I do have a question for you all, when installing the bolts, do you install dry or do you recommend anti-seize?

Thanks for the info, I've heard it's a good idea to use anti-seize.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for the info, I've heard it's a good idea to use anti-seize.

I don't know if you want to use antisieze or not. I installed mine without it and in the clip posted showing Mel mounting up a tire on a slab he doesn't either. I bought a tube but wondered how well the bolts would hold the 24ft-lbs without loosening.

Coop

Caught the Bug

I don't use anti seize on the bolts. You torque the bolts at 24 Lb/ft in a star pattern. Check this every few thousand miles.

Last edited:

ttfhell

Don't use anti seize on the bolts, only the inserts. If you use anti seize, you will unscrew the inserts if you change tires. You torque the bolts at 24 Lb/ft in a star pattern. Check this every few thousand miles.

Do you have that backwards?
I use anti-seize on the threads.

utiadam

LOSER
The inserts have a dry loctite type stuff on them. That's what the red stuff is on them. I didn't use any antiseize on my bolts. The anti seize will cover the entire bolt once it goes through the wheel and collect dirt on it like a magnet. I haven't had any issues with mine sticking but I'm also in Arizona. Not sure if you are on the east coast if you would want to use antiseize anyways.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Don't use anti seize on the bolts, only the inserts. If you use anti seize, you will unscrew the inserts if you change tires. You torque the bolts at 24 Lb/ft in a star pattern. Check this every few thousand miles.

Yeah that's not right.....

Top Bottom