ATX756 Slab Threaded Inserts

colo dean

I did watch Mel's video and didn't see anything being used but just wanted to see what ya'alls thoughts were. I kinda see not using it to help maintain torque and with the bolt going all the way through it makes sense that the bolt could collect crud and cause problems down the road if not cleaned off before trying to remove the bolts.

Flat Top

I happen to be in the middle of installing new tires and had a couple thread inserts go bad. I ordered the ones linked in this thread and they did not fit. Today I made a trip down to a local place, Tacoma Screw, to figure out which ones were correct.
What we need is a 3/8-16 x 9/16-12 (mfg part #329-6). Here is the Fastnal link https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/60156

Old on the left, correct in the center and the ones that didnt fit on the right

Confirmation that the link provided is the correct inserts. I had 2 inserts that I needed to replace so I ordered from the link above. They look correct. [emoji106]

20170628_205810.jpg

Last edited:

kawimoto

spyderlocks website sells the inserts, bolts, and insert tool. pretty fairly priced as well. just an FYI

JKbrick

IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_8295.JPG
IMG_8296.JPG
These are what I purchased, not stainless but seem coated well and were very reasonable. Used a very little bit of anti seize when putting them together.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom