Aussie locker noise?

Thunderspuds

Ok guys have a question. Thinking of putting a Aussie Locker in the rear of my JK. I was wondering just how loud the clicking was while turning. Thanks for the input in advance.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have one I mine, the noise is not bad, honestly the people coming up and asking what's wrong with your jeep is seriously more annoying than the noise it makes.

Grubbicon

I have some friends with them and always wondered why they click like that.

They click because when there is enough pressure put on them while turning they will come unlocked so the tires wont bark. Its 2 pieces and they rotate and that opposite rotation is that click you hear.

Personally it drives me crazy when I hear them but im sure its like anything if you are used to it then it wont bother you.

WJCO

Meme King
They are a 2 piece mechanical part that has to unlock on their own while turning. No driver controls on these lockers. The ratcheting of the two pieces coming apart during a turn is what causes the noise. I think it's a cool design for a cheaper locker.

Gravedigger11

I have one in the front of my jk currently until I swap it out. For the money it's a solid locker has never failed me and yes it pops and clicks but I just ignore it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ran one on my old TJ and I'd say the clicking was about a 4 out of 10. It annoyed the hell out of me and I got rid of it as soon as I could.

I had an Aussie locker in my front axle for a couple years. Mine never clicked unless I was in 4wd and only when turning. It did get annoying so I went to ARB eventually.

Frydaddy

I had one on my old XJ rear. Going down the road, you dont even notice it. Turning at an intersection or in a parking lot, there is a noticeable clicking noise. If you hit the gas in tight turn, the inside tire makes a nice howl and rarely a sizeable bang, but everything is OK.

Top Bottom